• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

f7 forced me to loose confidence HELP!!

If the F7 owner knows what he's doing you're not going to beat it. My modded '03 F7 had everything done to it but a big bore or nitrous and I never lost a race (didn't pick on nitrous or bored out liter two strokes). Stock 1000 sleds were beatable, though. The mods were cheap compared to 4-stroke mods too. My F7 was easily faster than my RTX, and the RTX isn't stock, either.

I'd still take this sled over the F7 unless I wanted to ditch bang and stunt. NEVER had a lick of trouble with my firecat. The 4 strokes are just as much work, but instead of pouring in oil each ride you add up all those oil adding seconds into one oil change.

My firecat could pull 118 gps and that is in trail form with 184 studs and no top end specific clutch parts. It also got there a lot faster than my apex because it was a lot lighter. If you look on arcticchat.com you'll find radar gun shots from a stock sled pulling 130 mph and I think the only thing they did to it was to lower it from the factory ride height.

Over the last 5 years I must have raced at least 20 F7 . Stock to stock I will beat F7's without much problem They are quick out of the hole but after that not any problem. Always race them on hard packed conditions

I was in hougton this past weekend.. I have to really fast F7s in our group.. We did a bunch of racing on the water near the Ramada

One has a silancer, Y-pipe, D@D pipe and billet head and clutching

The other has similar mods and K&N filters(fast on the top end but not that quick)

With my transfer rod out.. I would destroy them by 5-7 lengths out of the hole and stay there.. THe only sled that was gaining on me was the Modded XP on our group.. THAT THING IS CRAZY fast on the top end..

The biggest problem i found with the apex is it doesnt have enough transfer.. if you take out the transfer rod its very hard to beat out of the hole.. and also hard to hand onto.. LOL

If all your worried about is racing.. Take the transfer rod out..

A F7 setup right is REALLY fast.. as they should be they weigh 100lbs less..

apexg88 said:
I bought an 06 ER at the beginning of February and absolutely love it.. put 2500 stress free miles on it in northern maine but last weekend I raced an F7 and was expecting to blow him out of the water, he got a 2 sled jump on me than I caught up mid range, but we were dead even ski to ski when the dream o meter read 115. This made me mad.

My sled is stock I want to modify it in the off season

What mods have you found to really work

Whose Clutch kit?
What gearing?
And anything else?

I NEVER want to see an F7 next to me EVER again

I owned a Firecat with lots of tricks done to it and gave it up after my buddy kept driving past me on his Apex - now I have an Apex- set up well the Apex is a contender!! This same sled ran 120.2 same day www.youtube.com/watch?v=86zbNhOJORs

Wisconsin said:
If the F7 owner knows what he's doing you're not going to beat it. My modded '03 F7 had everything done to it but a big bore or nitrous and I never lost a race (didn't pick on nitrous or bored out liter two strokes). Stock 1000 sleds were beatable, though. The mods were cheap compared to 4-stroke mods too. My F7 was easily faster than my RTX, and the RTX isn't stock, either.

I'd still take this sled over the F7 unless I wanted to ditch bang and stunt. NEVER had a lick of trouble with my firecat. The 4 strokes are just as much work, but instead of pouring in oil each ride you add up all those oil adding seconds into one oil change.

My firecat could pull 118 gps and that is in trail form with 184 studs and no top end specific clutch parts. It also got there a lot faster than my apex because it was a lot lighter. If you look on arcticchat.com you'll find radar gun shots from a stock sled pulling 130 mph and I think the only thing they did to it was to lower it from the factory ride height.

130 mph on a stocker??...........I call BS!! Do you know what it takes to do those kind of speeds?? I'm not saying 130 mph is not achievable on a sled...but I don't believe any naturally aspirated sled is going to do that without some extensive mods. Namely a good speed track for starters.

my 03/f7 115.9 on the gun with just clutching it would smoke my 09 apex just couldnt keep it running i would not trade in my apex for nothing i love this sled.
Thanks Dale
Teal Lake Radar Runs

up.mi.man said:
my 03/f7 115.9 on the gun with just clutching it would smoke my 09 apex just couldnt keep it running i would not trade in my apex for nothing i love this sled.
Thanks Dale
Teal Lake Radar Runs

Then you don't have it setup right. There are members on here that have achieved over 115mph on radar with their Apex/ATTAKs.

Some F7's run very hard. I ride with a 03 F7 that is a freak. Kid only weighs 120lbs and his sled will pull me on a roll from 80mph on up.
Here is a race with this sled from a dig. I hook better then him and held him off to over a 105 mph then he let off. The hole shot is the key.
Two weeks ago he run a Doo XP800R on this very stretch and killed it. Later this day he run another F7 and pulled what looked like 10 sleds on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsxBcUlvVwE&feature=channel_page

welterracer said:
a stock F7 cannot do 130mph as its only geared for 108

My 06 F7 was geared in stock form for 127mph at full shift 7750rpms. 140hp wont get you there but I did run 116mph gps on perfect conditions, no ice though.

journeyman said:
Wisconsin said:

130 mph on a stocker??...........I call BS!! Do you know what it takes to do those kind of speeds?? I'm not saying 130 mph is not achievable on a sled...but I don't believe any naturally aspirated sled is going to do that without some extensive mods. Namely a good speed track for starters.

x2. I believe that sled was Spenc's sled from To Cool Performance. It was far from stock. Different skid, speed track, slammed and every bolt on possible.

apex gt

Just put another 650 miles on the 07 gt,now has 1700 on in the last three weeks. I took two complete primary clutches to do a comparison with,but i never did put the stocker on,as i was just having to much fun with this dfw set up clutch,i have it loaded up heavy and have the black spring,and on very hard pack snow it turns 11000 right out of the hole and holds it way past 125 speedo,as i hit 128 on a rr grade,did not have my gps on for that run,but earlier on in the day on semi hard pack trail it went 125 for 110 gps,conditions were great for top speed,wish i was studded now,as i was spinning alot,it would run 120-125 almost at will down any rr bed on the wishometer,belt is somewhat worn down,it is now about .025 thousands smaller than new spare belt,but hardly any belt dust and shifting completely out,sled just plain rips,we had a 06 zr9,09 f-1000 several doo 8's and another 07 rtx apex,none could touch mine on top end,although the f-1000 had a 1.35 cobra sneaker with lots of roitin apx studs in back and it hooked like an animal,but if i ran him from say 70 on up i could pull him hard upper mid to top,but as soon as i started to run on by,he shut it down. Well if anyone still wants to ride fast hard trails head to the county in nothern maine.

Adjust your transfer to make the transfer rod longer, hence adding more bite to your track, you will bite hard lift those ski's and this will help you off the start, this in the end will help you at the finish line.

This shows the picture of the radargun with the speed on it. 2nd page, userid "w8nfsnow" I'm a member, but you might have to sign in/sign up and log in to see it:

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index. ... 5083&st=15

This link shows more, but I'm not a member. Sign up to the forum to see the pics.

http://2koolperformance.ca/forum/index. ... entry28669

Quote from the 2nd link:

"Working on some 1000 and 2000' speeds on the Lake today. Running 125-126 in 2000' when Pat aka Moe Martin (my driver for the day) decided to back up and make a 2500' pass........bingo 130.0mph. Could have gone faster (I think) but unfortunately the 24/39 gearing was tapped out and after seeing 130 on the Stalker I decided to have a couple pops with the boys and call it a day. This stock motored F7 is sure haulin.

Thanks again to Spenc for all the great tips, tricks and best prices on go fast parts in Canada. Deal with Sled-Werx if you wanna go fast. "

Sounds like the sled might have some minor mods, but the motor is stock.

Back