• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fatboy install

Quick version. lift track off ground. support front with 2x4 to take tension off limiter straps. take back bolt out of tranfer rod. disconnect ra cable at top of shock. take out shock bolts. 30 minutes tops easy operation. when you put her back in just move the suspension a little to line shock holes up.

be sure to set your new spring on highest setting when you install. you can tune down with the shock in the sled but up is very difficult.

there are better directions in this forum just use the search at the top of the page.,....

There is other posts out there, but here is how I did mine. Raise the rear off the ground ( I use a electric hoist, really nice) remove the ra cable, remove front bolt on shock, remove rear bolt and she falls right out. ( other guys also loosen their weight transfer rod and straps, but i did not need too.) After shock is out get yourself a spring compressor, i already had one, but I know Advance auto parts has them to rent, or take it to a auto repair shop they should have one. once the shock is compressed, you have to slip off the top plates ( or whatever you calll them one is bronze, and the other is metallic in color), the shock will slide over the threaded part wherer the cable connects. once the shock is off you can also adjust the settings on the other end of the shock ( 3 settings, you just have to move a c clip to either one. after that is done, throw your spring back in. Compress it and put those 2 plates back on and put her back in. 20 min job, maybe an hour with some beers........

Back