• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First impressions of the 2009 RS Venture GT

The RS Venture TF has a 151" track and believe also comes with mountain skis and a hitch.

The sled is offered in Canada and Europe i.e. Scandinavia.

Wish they would offer them here. ;)!

hondo said:
The RS Venture TF has a 151" track and believe also comes with mountain skis and a hitch.

Just to clarify a little... Yes, it's a 151" version, and comes with a hitch, but it has the same skis as the RS Viking, they are a little less aggressive then the mountain skis. ;)!

Oh, btw hondo, that's some INSANE mileage you have on the '05 Venture now! WOW! ;)!

Thanks for the acknowledgement RSV,

You are correct, they are the ski's that are on the VK-PRO, which are still much larger than the stock ski foot print.

I like the RS Venture TF. I have seen and spoken with many TF owners in Canada. Everyone I have spoken with really likes the machine!

Thanks for the clarification.

Still riding, but more on the liesure side! ;)!

Today I went up to Caribou and tried the Venture GT. This sleds a winner, with one exception it's a perfect Two uper. No electric reverse switch, still the old mechanical lever. If they can put it on the Venture lite they could have put it on this sled. I thought the ride was as good or better than the four holer, it's geared low so it has excellent pickup and response. I'm guessing that one will by lucky to get 15-16 mpg, but that's just conjecture on my part, we'll see what real world riding proves. There is some sled noise but I think it's because the engine is quiet, not a big deal, I had to think to listen for it as there had been alot of discussion about track noise etc. on this forum. The windshield works much better than I thought it would, very effective. Personally I would put one on that was 2 inches taller if it were available as I'm sensative to the cold, but most riders wouldn't need it. Although the snow was soft and slushy the sled handled well but like my Warriors I'm guessing I would want to trick the skis. ( Woody dually's) etc. Some have mention that they thought the seating was tight for the driver, If you like to ride with your legs out in front it could be a problem however when I buy one I'm going to have the seat cover opened up and trim the top edge of the riders seat back 1 or 2 inches. Keep in mind that I rarely have a passenge as both my wife and I have our own sleds. My wife loved the sled, again with the exception of the lack of the electric reverse, she has a lot of trouble shifting into reverse as generally you have to "bump" our sleds to get them to shift. Just a note we're in our mid-sixties/ so you can take what's said here with that in mind. Again avery very good sled. / later/ jim-bob

2009 Yamaha Demo rides were held at the Lake View Restaurant in Saint Agatha, Maine, today and will also be held there tomorrow beginning at 9:00 am.

It was not a very good day for demo rides.

The visibility was terrible due to heavy snow fall which accumulated about 3" by the end of the day.

Snow conditions were very wet and sloppy all day long.

I did ride the RS Venture GT several times. The more I ride the machine the more I like it.

This is the same sled I rode on March 14th, in Old Forge, NY, when the sled was brand new. The sled now has 550 plus miles.

A photo of the 2009 RS Venture GT on the trail during the demo ride.
2009RSVentureGT-1.jpg

The windscreen side fairings need to be replaced due to several mishaps that occured while sled has been on the demo ride circuit.

Starting the 2009 RS Venture GT.

2009 RS Venture GT operating sounds.

The sled is very quiet.

I kept my camera on video behind the sleds wind screen in order to capture the sleds operating sounds.

I heard more chain-case wind than anything else.

The back-ground track noise is not the "in-famous" head splitting "track howl" the earlier model RS Ventures provided.

This machine isn't in the same league as the earlier RS Ventures.

This sled is much more refined!

Hope this helps! ;)!

Hondo be careful your spending my money! ;)! LOL

I am thinking it is just a matter of time. My goal is to hold out, but I can be weak.

Refined just about did it :jump: put to gether with quiet and powerfull.

Yamadoo

Always appreciate your updates........did you breakdown and get the GT yet?

You bet Yamadoo,

I know what you mean about spending money! LOL...

This sled should be a good seller for Yamaha.

I'll do something, just haven't figured out when.

The spring deals were certainly generous. ;)! ;)! ;)!

Back