• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Ride after first service at dealer

sleddheadd said:
T T Bone said:
vector06 said:
Check out this thread. Is this what is going on with your sled? I loosened my chain but have not ridden the sled since to try it out. Snowing like a banchee right now so that is going to change tomorrow... :Rockon:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=95548

That is the noise dead on. I am going to tell you now though the chain maybe to tight? Did you tighten the track or replace the Hy-faxs on your sled?

Thanks, still no reply? I will tighten it and back it off a 1/2 turn and try that. I think the hy-fax noise is going away because I have wore the end off by now. I had my ear down by the chain case and that is the noise now. So maybe adjusting it again like stated will take care of it. I hope so.

odd....mine has been making the same noise all season. Had the chaincase apart twice, adjusted the chain 3-4 times....no bloody idea. I changed the top gear at the end of last seasone and know its something in the CC....oh well. ! !

it runs LOL

Well gentleman I think my issues are fixed :jump: I adjusted the chain again and the gear whine is tolerable, getting better the more miles I put on. The hy-fax has worn down enough also and is quiet. The track being loosened up one full turn helped quiet the roar it makes and no ratcheting noise anymore either. Now all I need since the suspension adjustments is a light mounted on the skid plate because the headlight is pointing at the moon :Rockon: Thank again to everyone that has assisted with advise ;)! I learned several things. Most important for all is to cut the new Hy-fax's to the same length as the old ones being replaced and never adjust the chain to tight!

did you make sure the bottom gear was on the correct way? its a stupid question BUT if you put the gear on backwards it'll grind against the chaincase

Well I have road 175 miles since my first service. I still hear more chain/ gear whine then I like to hear? The sled is so quiet I hear everything else going on. Since I installed the Excell wheel kit I no longer smell burning plastic. I smell the clutch belt burning after a 110 mph road run with low snow. I know for a fact the sled rolls faster with this wheel kit! My sled has never seen that speed. The windshield helped, tucked behind it! The hy-fax's show no wear. I don't think the track touches anywhere except towards the front just sitting. The track noise is also loud just listening while a friend took a test ride? Looking to buy a Nytro maybe. Maybe it is the nature of this beast. I am ready for more hp though. I am going to order the stage 1 clutch kit and what is this air box/air filter mods I can do my self? Thanks again for you time and support. :Rockon: Come on SNOW LaLaLa Almost 600 miles on the animal now. Starting to loosen up and run better every ride :jump:

Back