• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Ride of THe Year

steiner

Staff member
Finally got out to ride this season :o| :o| . This winter has been unreal. Very little snow around us. We trailed out 1.5 hours away to find driveable trails. Enuf snow to drive on the bush trails but not enuf for the groomers to make decent trails. The rivers and lakes had a good 6" base of snow and for the first time we saw ice ridges on the river trail. Been riding those trails for 7 years and never seen ice ridges on them. The clubs had them well marked. ;)!
Put on a 110 miles. Saw a record amount of Yamaha sleds.
For the first time ever at a lunch stop I counted more Yamaha than Ski Doo or AC and most Yamahas were 4strokes.
We saw some guys on ice race bikes on one of the rivers. They make a track and I guess this is where they practice. Looked pretty cool.
All in all a good day with my son.

Attachments

• IMG-20120122-00045 (Medium).jpg
    IMG-20120122-00045 (Medium).jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG-20120122-00046 (Medium).jpg
    IMG-20120122-00046 (Medium).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG-20120122-00049 (Medium).jpg
    IMG-20120122-00049 (Medium).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 124

Only for the frozen waterways we never get the sleds out.Been put about 100miles on mine the past five days but its been back and forth on the frozen inlet.This up and down toliet seat off a winter makes the riding times few and far between.Good to hear about all the yamaha sleds you saw,word is getting out.

Cubby said:
Where did you ride? Is that Pinawa in the last pic?

We unloaded in Lac Du Bonnet. Then drove out to Seven Sisters where the last pic was taken on the damn for the Hydro plant . Then went to Pinawa for lunch. Spent the rest of the day on the Pinawa channel, Lee River and Bird River. Trails were very rough so we tried to stay off them.
Saw BRP's big rig with 9 sleds sittng out around it at Seddon's corner. Also saw the CO's there. Rumor has it that none of the demo ride sleds had Sno passes. Oops

Mad Russian said:
Bountyhunter ... Did u know your avatar is from a very popular russian cartoon !? I used to wach the cartoon when i was 7 yrs old back when i used to live in Mascow... ;)!

Yes Comerade......ushoud no cing hawo ur livd in mascow, I Lov tat Avatur....Vry God ;)!

Might have to friend you there Mad Russian.
I think Russia is a little happy that they have the FIM Snocross there this year. Also to compliment the Olympics, FIFA, and F1 stuff for the following years.

About the cartoon, its still played often there. The last two years I been back and forth there I saw it in Ufa, Orenburg, Moscow, and SPB.

I am not Russian just I decided to vacation there once for about 6 days. Then the next ear I decided to go see friends I meet who was trying to teach me Russian. Spent 30 days there and meet my GF.

I lived in the U.S now for 22yrs but still remember how things were back then. Been back to mascow twice scince but its just not the life style for me. My home is the U.S. but i still speak perfict russin and most of my family still lives there... And for some reason i have high tolerence for VODKA but i bearly ever :Rockon: drink.... LOL

Back