• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First ride on new sled

haha thanks. i really like my sled, and of course i had to get sick gear!

I kinda wish i had waited and gotten the 2010 black xtx. But i do love the blue

All I can say is Wow, this sled is the worse sled I EVER have owned. The motor is great, but man.... this thing rides like garbage, doesn't steer, pushes in the corners, no matter what I seem to change on the shocks... it just keeps suckin #*$&@.... I ordered skis, an hope the hell they do the trick, cus I am stuck with this load for the next five long years. Thinkin I should have bought another brand. Damn all that money an a sled that rides like this!

Its a friends, Im stuck with mine. Not going to take a hit. All the xtxs on ebay are not even selling for 5500 dollars! I hope I can fix this thing, so much crap on this forum to try and not to try... bottom line is most of the guys on here dont ride tughill. Those who do, probably have never riden anything but yamaha. So they dont really know what a sled is suppose to handle like. I just got to get this thing right. Doesn't seem right to pay so much money and have to fix crap... Its just like buying a first year model polaris. I hope everyone who bought the rush is really happy with them cuz at the snow show demo 19 out of 22 where broke before sat morning.... its all fun an beats workin...

Oh, an as far as you o9xtxrider, it sucks for you too. You will find out when you start riding in real snow, an hit the trails. I see from your photos that all you seem to ride is in a field in a circle over an ant hill, in about 6 inches of fresh snow. Get it out on the trail, put some studs in it an try to keep it from throwing you into a tree... You will see. Enjoy your donation to yamaha... Wonder if this motor will fit in a xp chassis.... perfect sled!

htlo1r said:
Its a friends, Im stuck with mine. Not going to take a hit. All the xtxs on ebay are not even selling for 5500 dollars! I hope I can fix this thing, so much crap on this forum to try and not to try... bottom line is most of the guys on here dont ride tughill. Those who do, probably have never riden anything but yamaha. So they dont really know what a sled is suppose to handle like. I just got to get this thing right. Doesn't seem right to pay so much money and have to fix crap... Its just like buying a first year model polaris. I hope everyone who bought the rush is really happy with them cuz at the snow show demo 19 out of 22 where broke before sat morning.... its all fun an beats workin...

Anyone who see's an XTX on ebay for that price will expect it was crashed or has no motor in it.
Or is just a scam listing.
Or...
I suggest you give up sledding completely.
It sounds like nothing would satisfy you.

I may be a little hard on htlo1r.
But what bugs me is that 09xtxrider posts nice photos and how pleased he is about his XTX, only to have a "know it all" cut it down.

What I really wanted to say is...
Nice photos 09xtxrider, welcome and have a great season.

htlo1r said:
All I can say is Wow, this sled is the worse sled I EVER have owned. The motor is great, but man.... this thing rides like garbage, doesn't steer, pushes in the corners, no matter what I seem to change on the shocks... it just keeps suckin #*$&@.... I ordered skis, an hope the hell they do the trick, cus I am stuck with this load for the next five long years. Thinkin I should have bought another brand. Damn all that money an a sled that rides like this!

I just got mine out for the first time this year,and even with $1200 in Hygear revalves it's not where I want it to be. My apex feels way better,but when I first bought the Apex I hated it to,but got it to work great with some skis and valving,so with a little time setting up I think I can get this one to work.
Just to make you feel a little better, my riding bud with a 08 xp tnt just sunk about $800 in suspension and on his first ride this year he smoked his motor. The yamaha's need alot of setting up, but once done thier a good reliable mount.

its not that I expect it to be perfect. But I at least expect it to perform like the demo I drove. I know I will get it dialed in. Just very frustrated with it right now. Wish I could see the set up on the demo sled now. it rode awesome. an yes you are right, some people are hard to please.... with service. With a product, it should be as stated or demoed. This sled is really almost unsafe. The motor def. out performs and exceeds the ability of the chassis. I am happy that 09xtxrider is pleased with his new ride, some people are very easily pleased. They tend to be the same kind of folks that never get there tires rotated or complain when their 35 dollar steak is not cooked right. I am not a person like that. I just was hoping that spending as much money on this sled as I did it would ride remotely close to the demo. Now I have to spend the rest of this short northeast riding season dialing this thing it.

HTLO1R ,I THINK YOU NEED SOME CHEESE TO GO WITH THAT WINE !!

LOVE MY XTX !!!!! TAKES AT LEAST 1 FULL DAY RIDING TO LOVE IT , JUST A DIFFERENT RIDE !

gsxr said:
HTLO1R ,I THINK YOU NEED SOME CHEESE TO GO WITH THAT WINE !!

LOVE MY XTX !!!!! TAKES AT LEAST 1 FULL DAY RIDING TO LOVE IT , JUST A DIFFERENT RIDE !

My wife and I also love our XTX's . Having a great dealer is also a plus.

Back