• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First service??

I did my own, I devoted a Saturday to learn and look over my sled.
I pulled out the owners manual, and went down the list one by one.
Yamaha oil change kit was around $66 and I used some 75w gear oil for the chaincase. I took pics of the miles and hours and printed them out and put it in my sidewinder folder. When warranty is up, I'll switch to Amsoil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I did my own, I devoted a Saturday to learn and look over my sled.
I pulled out the owners manual, and went down the list one by one.
Yamaha oil change kit was around $66 and I used some 75w gear oil for the chaincase. I took pics of the miles and hours and printed them out and put it in my sidewinder folder. When warranty is up, I'll switch to Amsoil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Great idea!! I was thinking the same thing. read through the manual several times and learned lots! Did you drain the chaincase to? Didn't see how that is done, but looks like you have to split the case open to drain it.

I dropped my sled off yesterday. $240us for the 500mile service. I thought it to be too much. But I'm out of time. Need that and studs put in.
Also having the recall bolts and whatnot as well. Right?

Normally, I'd do things myself.

Had mine done today, also picked up my bag and jacket, $360 tx inc. Everything was A1, top shape, no issues at all.
I installed the bag just to see, lots of space for hot air to escape, gonna leave it on.

Great idea!! I was thinking the same thing. read through the manual several times and learned lots! Did you drain the chaincase to? Didn't see how that is done, but looks like you have to split the case open to drain it.

I used a fluid extraction kit and sucked out the 12 ounces, I will do a complete tear down when the season is over.
3c1e8408f876d422b9dcdc51df584487.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used a fluid extraction kit and sucked out the 12 ounces, I will do a complete tear down when the season is over.

How is it to add fluid to the chain case? Mine looks a little low? I'm going to dig into it tomoro? And when does everyone suggest changing the oil and fluids the first time?

How is it to add fluid to the chain case? Mine looks a little low? I'm going to dig into it tomoro? And when does everyone suggest changing the oil and fluids the first time?

I took the heat shield, reverse motor, and extension out today to gain access to the fill hole. came apart easily.

The window is entirely covered on my sled, so overfilled by dealer. will attempt to suck some out tomorrow.

I would say 500 miles you should be changing your fluids, then you'll be good for annual service.

Unfortunately I think I win this discussion. i just had my first service done and it was $400 out the door. I thought this was pretty steep for changing fluids, greasing her up, setting track tension and checking alignment. It was actually $500 initially so I had them review it with me, they replaced my belt without asking me which I thought was a bit off. The service writer told me it had flat spots. I carry a new belt on my sled, so I inspected the belt with "flat" spots and they were very minor, so minor it took the service writer some time to find them. I gave them the new belt off my sled and had them take the belt off my bill. Ill use the "flat " spotted belt as a spare. I questioned the service writer about the belt being replaced without asking and he said they do it all the time....

$400 got me the 500 mile service & they installed 144 studs. Which I already bought. Hahahaha.

Then comes the hammer. $80 for carbides....Each side. Lol! Huh? I'm going back to doo......

Im with silverram....suck the fluids out yourself...and do the complete job in the off season...

Back