• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chaincase questions

scooterwj

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 SW
I opened up the chaincase on my SW to check the 2 screws on the tension roller. They were tight and had green locktite on them. I adjusted my tension to finger tight then 1.5 turns out.... Check out the video, chain seems really loose. I did the same thing on an '18 viper a couple weeks ago and the chain was much tighter. Is this correct? Should I loosen the tensioner on the viper? Finger tight is so subjective I think...

Also, check out the pictures from when I removed the reverse actuator/detent/etc. It looks like it wasn't installed correctly when I compare this to what the service manual shows. Look where the extension is in relation to the detent block. I understand the process to put this back together, it just seems like it wasn't done correctly at the dealer... Am I right about that?

IMG_3815.jpg IMG_3816.jpg

I ran my sr viper and sidewinder 1 turn out no issues and 2 other winders also same outcome.

Back