• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

flat spot on driven roller

ea8b25962f160cb9ac3957c80ef55274.jpg
1f8374dae752cb11c0bbfec47feaf34e.jpg
0e72887e9457233c370203ada8bb4961.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Got a call from my dealer today and they claim they will have the new style Yamaha rollers at the end of the week for me. They said said the new rollers show up back order, but they will start shipping new rollers out this week. Hopefully this is acurate and not being just strung along,
Well a month to the day and the dealer installed my new secondary rollers today on warranty, leaving on 1500 sled trip day after next and will post how they work out. Will take my Ulmer's along just in case, ha why would I doubt them :yam:

Well a month to the day and the dealer installed my new secondary rollers today on warranty, leaving on 1500 sled trip day after next and will post how they work out. Will take my Ulmer's along just in case, ha why would I doubt them :yam:
Is there a service bulletin out for them?

Must be something, got a replacement set last week. Just lost out snow here so can't try them out.

Is there a service bulletin out for them?
I believe there is, when I showed my dealer a picture of my flat spotted roller a month ago the dealer called the rep and about 10 minutes later called me back and said they'll change all three to the new updated rollers .

Did 1619 miles on Cat rollers. No flat spots. Leaving Sunday for another 1500 miles. I'll take a look following that trip too. But, so far, so good. All three rollers touching.

I noticed with my Ulmer's rollers all three touched, but with these new Yamaha rollers still only two touching, but they do seem to be a harder material than the original rollers

Is it possible that the sides of the rollers are contacting the sides of the housing enough that they bind and don't roll freely. If this is the case, the fix would be to shave the sides of the rollers for space to install a thin stainless washer on either side of the roller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible that the sides of the rollers are contacting the sides of the housing enough that they bind and don't roll freely. If this is the case, the fix would be to shave the sides of the rollers for space to install a thin stainless washer on either side of the roller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a feeling that could be what's happening also

I think they become oblong where it sits on the pin since there so loose around the pin. That's just my take on it. IMO the best fix at the moment are the cat rollers which if been told they dry out and crack and should be replaced at least every season or any other rollers from the vendors on this site. Supposedly Yamaha has an updated roller.

232 miles---1 flat spot on 1 roller

Back