• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flatland Turbo

The MCX290 is nice as well, great throttle response for a MCX Midmount (turbo rear of the tank).

I would like a simple plug and play system like they have for the nytro, the push turbo. why don't they make one for the apex? Rear mount. Why do you need a fuel controller?

When you add boost you have to add fuel.
With an MCX you're plug and play all the way, you never need to touch it from sealevel and up high in the mountains.

As TBird says, all newer kits are plug and play.

blue rider - would you please add your location to your user profile, it's a site requirement.

rxrider
TY Mangement Team

yes, like the one yamaha usa is selling. In one of the pictures it shows this controller with buttons and lights for different throttle positions.

The PUSH turbo looks like a good kit for a good price, but it is just for high elevations. I wonder if it could be tuned to work for sea level?

redrider18 said:
The PUSH turbo looks like a good kit for a good price, but it is just for high elevations. I wonder if it could be tuned to work for sea level?

And the Push turbo kit obviously is only for the Nytro, not the Apex

My recommendation would be to find a dealer, shop, or tuner in your area you trust to tackle this sort of project and have them set you up or help you get the ball rolling, if you don't have a ton of experience in boost (not sure, I know I wouldn't know the first thing to do).

With mods like this, and any mods for that matter, I would say set up has more to do with performance than one "kit" being better than the other.

For instance, I could have the best "flatlander" kit on the market that an inexperienced tuner setup and rxrider could setup a sled with a purpose built high elevation turbo he set up for sea-level type riding and it would no doubt out perform the "flatlander" turbo.

You might want to go through the process of self install and learning all about the setup (although you could do this if someone else installed the turbo as well) in which case you would like the challenge. But if it were me I would have someone else set it up for me I was confident in with experience and save myself the headache...my .02

If I were doing it over again I would never go front mount again on an apex, my own experience. The MCX kit is the only one I would look at.

Had fantastic results with my 06 apex GT and an MPI stage 1 SC at 7 psi too!!

Back