• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Float pressure without sway bar

mutley531

Veteran
Just wondering what pressure others are running in their oem float shocks. I have a Timbersled front end and ran 95 psi last year, based on their instructions. It seemed pretty stiff and hard to lay over. I only made it out 3 times last winter so I didn't bother messing with pressures.

My brother has the timbersled front arms and was running 120psi. It was stiff. I talked him into buying fett brothers air canisters. That should help alot. I would recommend for you as well.

I actually just purchased Fett Brothers air canisters which I will be installing. I figure I will start with 95 psi and adjust from there. They should make the sled softer overall, without changing on trail manners too much. I have also seen where people recommend 50 psi with the swaybar installed. Timbersled recommends adding 25 psi if the swaybar is removed. I guess I need to just take my pump and some time and see what I like best. Hopefully I can make it out more times this year to dial it in.

Any other input on what pressure people have been happy with? My sled works well climbing, but in slow maneuvering it just seems too stiff and difficult to lay over.

I should also say that I installed Simmons Gen II skis and an Impulse turbo last year. I have the Timbersled skid (updated older model, not the current model) setup per their recommendation for 15 psi boost. The skid seems to give good control with a minimal amount of ski lift during climbing. I imagine the skid may be providing too much ski pressure during slow speed manuevers, but I'm not certain that is the problem.

Basically, when turning around on flat ground the sled does not want to turn or lay over. I think it is an issue with the front end more so than the skid or skis. I figured I would try front shock pressures that others have been happy with first, and if that doesn't help I will change the skid or cut the skis.

You will have alot of problems getting the sled over with gen IIs. I sold mine and went with the stock yamaha mountain ski. Much easier to get the sled over and hold a sidehill. You need a ski with a deep keel to work with these 4-strokes on a mountain.

Modded Gen II's, no swaybar, Timbersled rear skid, front shocks set at 75 psi....easy to pull over and hold a line.

Back