• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox Float 2 front shock kit.. Yamaha part number?

apexg88

Pro
Yamaha use to have a part number for the original fox floats, has one come for the new fox float 2 on the 2011 apex. I get a good deal from my dealer on yamaha parts as opposed to ordering them from fox.

If you mean for the Apex, there is no yamaha number I'm aware of. They (yamaha) have Float 1's in the catalogue with a Yamaha part number, but not Float 2's.

You need the 16.5 inch Float 2's from Fox Racing.

As I recall, the Fox part #4630-0032, but you may want to double check that. Carver performance or Pioneer will have them in stock I'm sure. They are also on eBay for between $600 and $700 with various sellers.

Here is a link to the shocks you need on Carver's site:

http://www.carverperformance.com/produc ... cts_id=331

The advantage of Float 2's over 1's is different valving and they hold more air volume. That leads to less harshness and less "pogo stick" feel with the ride over big bumps. Carver can convert float 1's to 2's by revalving them and adding canisters also.

Mike

Pretty sure Fox sells a kit to update to the /2 spec. That's got to be a lot cheaper than a set of shocks.

Valving is no big deal, either will likely need that done if you want them right. As mentioned, the big deal is with the air volume remaining as the shock approches full "up" travel. If you want to run the more commonly used "woods" set up, the front end runs kinda low, so you see/feel the effect of that shock running near the top of it's travel (harshness) more frequently than somebody running a tall front end/lots of initial air pressure (50psi+). The /2 spec. smooths a lot of that harshness for you, and if that kit is installed at the same time you get some valving done(progressive valve stack!) you'll see/feel a whole new front end working for you!

Back