• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FPP Turbo on Nytro Question

pro116 said:
redrider18 said:
Might be a dumb question but does anyone know of any shops that deal with turbo systems in the mid-west area? Or where to buy them?

Ulmer racing is not that far from you there on the East side of South Dakota and will install any kind of kit but I recommend there's.
;)!

Thanks for all the replies. One step closer to finding what I want. And also thanks to all those who did How-to and DIY write ups on this site, It helps A LOT.

redrider18 said:
I'm still trying to decide which kit to buy. I'm stuck between a FPP stage 1, Ulmer's 180 kit, MCX 180, or Powderlites. I just cant make up my mind.

If you have a garage available you could install it yourself, and save some money at he same time. The MCX kit comes with pretty good instructions. I got mine installed at the dealer, but looking at it now i realize the only thing i could'nt have done myself is the welding. Simply cause i have never tried welding before. Other than that it should be pretty easy.

If I were to do it again, i would install it myself - no doubt about that.

Thanks for the info. I have access to a shop and tools and consider myself a decent mechanic and I'm always tinkering with stuff. The best way to learn about something is wrench on it. I've always done all the maint. on my sled, atv and bikes. If I decide on a kit I would be happy if I could install it myself. That way I'd get to know how it all works and I figure if I have questions I could always ask the experts on this site. The only thing I worry about is the chance that if I screw something up I wont know until its too late, but I'm usually very thorough on putting stuff together. Just out of curiosity I wonder how much extra $ the install would cost on a more involved kit.

I believe the price here was about 1000 USD for the 180 kit install. It was done in one day. Im pretty sure that for the 240 or bigger kits you can count in at least one more day.

redrider18 said:
Thanks Dimebag, I'm gonna contact Ulmer, FPP and a few other shops and get more info and current pricing. Winter is coming. ;)!

redrider18 any new info to share? i am thinking of buying the fpp kit for my nytro but looking for other options before buying

Was also considering the FPP kit but not untill next winter need to break in the new sled first, those guys are only about an hour away from me

When I was up at Haydays I talked with Justin for about an hour and seen his Nytro in person. He's a great guy and he answered all of my questions. I decided to go with FPP for my turbo. You need to look at what you want for your riding style, and FPP seems like the best setup for me. Just give Justin a call or send him an email. He can tell you more. I'm excited and can't wait to get it and install it. Along with OFT relocator, motor-kill/roll over valve, avid extroverts, X wheels, RSI grip heaters, and a few other little tweaks to it. ;)!

redrider18 said:
When I was up at Haydays I talked with Justin for about an hour and seen his Nytro in person. He's a great guy and he answered all of my questions. I decided to go with FPP for my turbo. You need to look at what you want for your riding style, and FPP seems like the best setup for me. Just give Justin a call or send him an email. He can tell you more. I'm excited and can't wait to get it and install it. Along with OFT relocator, motor-kill/roll over valve, avid extroverts, X wheels, RSI grip heaters, and a few other little tweaks to it. ;)!
good choise I new would make the right decision. ;)!

How is FPP to deal with from a customer service standpoint? Has anyone had any experience with them?

I have been dealing with Justin at FPP since around 2001 and I have had nothing but good experiences. To say the least he has earned my respect and business, has always provided awesome support and good service, and I've seen him do some amazing things.
Got to warn ya though, he gets insanely busy during the sled season, starting from grass drag season in the fall thru end of the rush for snow riding in Feb... just like most snowmobile performance shops, so that is not a good time to be in the middle of a project or have him build anything custom and expect it immediately. I have learned to prepare around that and avoid the frustrations.

Back