• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Free two wheel kit...

Kachess

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I've noticed guys are buying two wheel kits for their tons, We've converted 8 out of 12 tons to two wheel kits, for free, over the last few weeks. We use all the stock rear axle parts, and the whole process doesn't take over an hour. Less time if your suspension is already out. They work great, may help sidehilling, and look so cool.
To shorten the stock axle we just cut off the bolt head side of the existing axle so it's grip length is just 1/16 in under the dimension to the outside of the rails. We drill and tap the cut off end with a 1/2 -13 thread (beacause that is what size tap I have lying around. You could tap it to for the metric bolt that is held in by a press pin on the cut off end of the stock axle if you have the tap). Thread the bolt in to the end with a washer under it; drill, and pin the bolt in place similar to the original axle (you can use the original press pin if you can get it out).
Cut off one of the ouside axle spacer bushings to the length of the shortest inside spacer bushing. Assemble the kit less the inside spacer bushing, measure for the correct inside spacer bushing length, and cut the stock long, bushing, to that dimension. Assemble all the parts and ride.

One fellow bought a kit before we really looked at what needed to be done. The rest we are doing whenever we have to yank a suspension.

Another fine example of your innovative approaches to fixing the issues you face, Joel... Good on ya. I hope to do some of the mods this spring. Thanks for sharing your immense store of knowledge.

RX-E

Free Two Wheel Kit

Kachess, thanks for the explanation of the 2 wheel conversion on the rear axle. I had done the same thing on my wife's phazer and your explanation is great. Hope you don't mind, but I posted it on the phazer forum with a picture of the phazer. It's one thing to come up with a great idea, but the icing on the cake is being able to explain the process. Thanks!
I've been sidetracked with other issues but am still working on my "Kachess RX1 ton conversion". Just about done.

Back