• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Friends Apex no start....

journeyman

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak GT
A friend contacted me tonight. His 2007 Attak which has around 11,000 plus miles won’t start. Turns over but no pop at all. Said it has fresh gas in it. Ran fine last season, was stored in an enclosed trailer. Any ideas?

I may not respond much but I sent him this link so he can see the replies.

thanks!!

Last edited:

Possible weak battery. Mine needs to turn over fast to start. If it turns to slow it won’t fire or start
Agreed. This happened with my 06 apex this year. If it starts with a booster pack or jumpers you need a battery change. Search for battery options as you can go bigger than stock to give you more CCA.

Injectors will not open if voltage is less than 12.5-12.8. Motor will spin over with less voltage. Replace the battery, they will not rebound from having low voltage unless it’s only been a few days. Plus if it dies on the trail it’s going to be a long day.

Does the fuel pump cycle? Enclosed trailers are horribly moist over the summer months if you don’t open them up and air them out. It may be something as simple as the fuel pump relax having corroded contacts, or had some condensation in it that froze with the cold winter temps.

Thanks for all the replies, hope he reads this and finds the issue. Both the low voltage and corroded relays make sense.

A friend contacted me tonight. His 2007 Attak which has around 11,000 plus miles won’t start. Turns over but no pop at all. Said it has fresh gas in it. Ran fine last season, was stored in an enclosed trailer. Any ideas?

I may not respond much but I sent him this link so he can see the replies.

thanks!!
thanks for all the feedback and ideas
the problem turned out to be the crank sensor

Had to do that on my 08 Apex as the crank sensor also went out. Ended up replacing the complete stator with OEM rather than attempt to wire in an aftermarket sensor. Knew I would be keeping sled so fixed it right. Not a bad job to do just be sure to also order a replacement gasket for the cover.

How did you find out what it was?

Back