• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front end Bushing kit ! which one ?

quebec#1

Expert
My dealer wants $300 to replace my front end bushings and i figure he could go fly a kite !
Both myself with a 2007 Apex Gt and my friends attack figured we could do it ourselves.
Witch kit is better poineer or the Ulmer Oilite Front End Bushing Kit ?
It seems that the Ulmer kit is sold out on their site.
Any canadian retailers carry these bushings ?

I went with the Ulmer kit. After putting it on during the summer I had a chance to finally ride my sled. The slop in the sled is probly 60% gone. It really tightened up the A arms. It also seemed to help the darting a little. ( my set-up has very little darting to begin with) Not too much but any help with darting is a plus. I'll have to work on the steering linkage next as that seems to be the culprit for the rest of the slop. As far as installation it isn't too bad. I had all summer to do it and really took my time and it came out great. If you go with the stock bushings I believe you will have to do it again later as they wear fast. The oilite bushings are suspose to last the life of the sled. Time will tell. I say go with the oilte and be done with it.

Buy Ulmer's from Mod edit: Link removed. That particular vendor is not welcome on TY, you're welcome to ask MrSled about it if you'd like, just don't expect an answer

Ummm...maybe a mod on this site doesn't like him...his address changes to //crap.ca when I put the link in...

Its easy just a lot of steps.the nut on the inside you may be able to get to it from behind the Black boot from the outside of the chassis?just to cut down time/steps i will try next time, but have a magnet handy just incase the nut rolls away...

I ran my '05 RX1 with originals for over 12.000kms and traded in and were still within SPEC...I now have 10.000kms on my '08 APEX and are also within SPEC...the secret is LUBE,LUBE,LUBE & LUBE!!! and they will last for a LOOOONG time!

The other thing I did is SHIM at the bulkhead the back & forth (front to rear) movement in the arms, I made some PLASTIC washers and took all SLOPPE out of the front end!

Back