• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

front heat exchanger

wkeggenhoff

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex RTX
track size is a 121x 15 2.52 pitch
Took my front exchanger out last year as well. Dealer took out front axle and had tig welded in place without removing it. Saves a lot of time.

Stretched mine to 128" at the same time with a Tracks USA extension on the slide rails, ther were under $200 to go from the 121" to 128 "

I tried welding it myself with those aluminum welding rods that they sell at all the snowmobile shows. I couldn't get it hot enough with the sugested propane torch so i broke out the regular torch and melted a big hole right through it. It needs to come out. I was suppost to be leaving for Canada on Friday. Doesn't look like that is happening....Ordered a new track and drive axle bearing since it was all coming out.

I have put studs through mine 2 different times
both times i used a wire wheel and brake cleaner to clean it. then patched it with jb quick weld which dries in 15 minutes and can hold pressure after a few hours. i put on 3 layers, lightly sanding between each layer and spreading it out a little further each time.
its been probably 5 years since i did this and have had absolutely no issues with leaks.
both repairs were done with the track/suspension in the sled. kinda tight but easy enough to do

Back