• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front rubber boots jammed with ice and snow - hard steering

McLovin

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
1997 Mountain Max 700 144 1.5
2016 Viper MTX 141 se.
After a day and a half of riding fresh, deep powder the front rubber boots have become completely jammed with ice. They are packed. The sled has become even harder to steer. I don't know if this has been caused by a couple of stick holes that have been poked in the boots, or powder snow that has come through the front vents, melted, and collected in the boots. They are packed, bulging with ice. Made for a shitty ride. Sled was even more front heavy and hard to steer than usual. Has anybody else experienced this? Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0044.JPG
    DSC_0044.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 174

Right side.

Attachments

• DSC_0043.JPG
    DSC_0043.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 183
Yup very common on these sleds. I have an Arctic Cat M8000 and it does the same thing. The snow gets in the hood and works it way down to the steering components. Putting vent screens on every open hole has helped me prevent it.

Snow melting in the rad and dripping down then freezes! Happens to me when I'm following someone in a lot of snow dust.

Thanks guys! Rad vents have screens. Has anyone looked at frog skinz or anything else for this problem?

Like the looks of your bumper, what brand is it? where did you get it from?

I am pretty sure it is a Yamaha bumper?
Got it from Wildwood Sports in Winnipeg. Seems to be great for mowing down small trees lol. But always a big ice collection between bumper and sled, sucks.

Figured out an end of day fix for this. If you have the right funnel you can jam it in the top and pour hot water in...melts it right out.

Attachments

• DSC_0053.JPG
    DSC_0053.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 137

Back