• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel Caddies for Nytro

kkraus

Expert
Hey guys, I am looking at these SMA-8GL73-CD-DY fuel caddies on Yamahas website. The description doesn't say if the cas cans are included or not. Does anyone know for sure? Do they fit nice or should I consider the cargo rack instead? I appreciate your thoughts.

I have them...the gas cans are included and they work well, some will try to tell you they leak but mine never have in over 1600 miles. They fit well and I have not had any problems so far, they stay put. I was able to get mine for 160 Canadian tax in last year...money well spent IMHO.

I've got a set that I was considering selling. Nothing wrong with them I just won't be needing them as the other sled I ride with has a range of about the same. They are in near perfect shape, in fact I only put fuel in one of the cans. Let me know if your interested.

Got the P.M. thanks.

I figured I would post some pics up anyway since others may want to at least see what they look like and what not. The grey looking frame is steel and very ridged. I use one side for fuel and the other I just put all my heavy gear or tools (didn't need them of coarse). Just have to make sure you either fill the bag near full or stuff some towels in there just to fill the void. If there is too much empty space the bag can flop around and that in conjuntion with the ice build up the bag could get damaged. I suppose you could use old plastic grocery bags too, that way if you bought some stuff you could just throw them out.

Attachments

• Tunnel Bags 1.jpg
    Tunnel Bags 1.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 386
  • Tunnel Bags 2.jpg
    Tunnel Bags 2.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 560
  • Tunnel Bags 3.jpg
    Tunnel Bags 3.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 561
I use: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... etail.aspx

SMA_8GC73_00_00-500.jpg

Plus this for gas: http://www.rotopax.com/1-gallon-oil-mix ... pr-98.html

RX-1M%20M.jpg

The can fits extremely nice in the bag. I only use one and use the other side for gear. On the gas side, I can fit the can plus some tools, tow strap and a few other small things.

Here is a pic of the saddlebags on:

13643_1289639930025_1501033092_764142_1420012_n.jpg

So far so good, weight hasn't been a problem and I have been on some crappy trails. I can't remember for sure but, I think the caddies were around $200.

I wanted a little flexibility so I went for the saddlebags ( around $108 at my dealer) and the can which was $50. BUt, thats me, if you feel you need 2 gallons, go the Caddie route.

After seeing good pics of the caddies, thanks btw, they look pretty sturdy. I remember one of the reasons I didn't get them was because I was worried about the mounting plate bending or bouncing around. But, they look pretty strong.

Revived...

Anyone use these without the bag or can the the bag can be removed from mount after the fact? Just think it looks better without the bag.

How easy is it to remove the mount if not being used for a weekend?

LJ 452 said:
Got the P.M. thanks.

I figured I would post some pics up anyway since others may want to at least see what they look like and what not. The grey looking frame is steel and very ridged. I use one side for fuel and the other I just put all my heavy gear or tools (didn't need them of coarse). Just have to make sure you either fill the bag near full or stuff some towels in there just to fill the void. If there is too much empty space the bag can flop around and that in conjuntion with the ice build up the bag could get damaged. I suppose you could use old plastic grocery bags too, that way if you bought some stuff you could just throw them out.

LJ I had a set and the frames on mine where aluminum not steel.

ttt

just installed mine the other day. install was easy, but on a 2010 XTX the predrilled holes in the side if the tunnel do not match with the bracket. i chose to drill the 2 holes in the tunnel, not the bracket. i also opted to not use the bags for now.

P3080056.JPG

P3080055.JPG

P3080057.JPG

P3080058.JPG

Wow I almost bought those, but didn't tealise they stuck out so much. Do you have a photo with the bags on as well?

mshanks said:
Wow I almost bought those, but didn't tealise they stuck out so much. Do you have a photo with the bags on as well?

no photo of the bag. width wise that are almost out as far as the side pannels and a little ouside the widest part of the running board at the front.

I prefer a set up like this, and alot cheaper. Room for a 10 litre can instead if you need more.

Attachments

• Great Saturday ride 001.JPG
    Great Saturday ride 001.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 339
1.5 gal

Attachments

• fuelpac.jpg
    fuelpac.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 345
revster said:

you're a brave soul, that doesn't look like it will end well I'm afraid.

love the pipe and idea but exhaust = hot air melting plastic, above the can or not .

I totally want extra fuel for my sled, but don't really want the trail tank due to the fit , also would love to use the tunnel like yourself but with the MBRP its straight out and i don't think it would end well.

Back