• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel Caddies for Nytro

Zakre said:
revster said:

you're a brave soul, that doesn't look like it will end well I'm afraid.

love the pipe and idea but exhaust = hot air melting plastic, above the can or not .

I totally want extra fuel for my sled, but don't really want the trail tank due to the fit , also would love to use the tunnel like yourself but with the MBRP its straight out and i don't think it would end well.

I guess I'll find out

Went on a 300 miles trip with the kolpin with no issues, no changes in color and stayed cool. Most important, did not leak...

Attachments

• DSC00220.JPG
    DSC00220.JPG
    340.6 KB · Views: 151
mewaschuk said:
ttt

just installed mine the other day. install was easy, but on a 2010 XTX the predrilled holes in the side if the tunnel do not match with the bracket. i chose to drill the 2 holes in the tunnel, not the bracket. i also opted to not use the bags for now.

P3080056.JPG

P3080055.JPG

P3080057.JPG

P3080058.JPG

Are those made to bolt on to existing holes without drilling? I have a 09 RTX and was looking for some bags that didnt rivet to the tunnel but to cary extra fuel would be great

mcamzr said:
mewaschuk said:
ttt

just installed mine the other day. install was easy, but on a 2010 XTX the predrilled holes in the side if the tunnel do not match with the bracket. i chose to drill the 2 holes in the tunnel, not the bracket. i also opted to not use the bags for now.

Are those made to bolt on to existing holes without drilling? I have a 09 RTX and was looking for some bags that didnt rivet to the tunnel but to cary extra fuel would be great

there are 2 bolts on the top deck that use existing hole. there are 2 bolts in side of the tunnel that your need to drill at least 1 hole for. i had to drill 2 holes in the side of the tunnel on my 10 xtx as the bracket holes didnt line up.

1st ride with they yestrday. fastener that hold the strap on broke in 2mi. weak alum rivet. cans dont leak after 120mi of bumps and BC riding., but i do recomend adding extra bungees to hold the cans in place.

Zakre said:
revster said:

you're a brave soul, that doesn't look like it will end well I'm afraid.

love the pipe and idea but exhaust = hot air melting plastic, above the can or not .

I totally want extra fuel for my sled, but don't really want the trail tank due to the fit , also would love to use the tunnel like yourself but with the MBRP its straight out and i don't think it would end well.

It doesn't even get hot enough to melt the snow off the top.

here's what I did. was hesitant to do it, but a kid out of control in a corner rammed me and dented that erea anyway. holds 1.5 gal and storage under. easily leave it ready to go for long trips, 2 wing nuts. did a few missions with it, no issues.

Attachments

• 000_6099.jpg
    000_6099.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 142
  • 000_6100.jpg
    000_6100.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 153

Back