• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fuel light liters(gallons) left??

black knight

Expert
Couldn't find anything on this after search.Wanted to ask this question last year but forgot, after a long ride I let my fuel get low and the low fuel light came on,first time this happends its a little nerve racking. when i found gas station(15min later) i put 28liters into it which ment i had 10liters(little more than 2 gallons) left in tank. Dose this sound about right with everyone else that has had there light come on? I'd like to think every time this happends i know i have at least 10 liters still in tank?

doing the snow dance. :rocks:

I learned the scary way, first night I owned the sled I was driving back alone from a buddies and when the light came on I was on the North shore trail of lake Superior - no cell service no houses only woods and wilderness love it BUT will the sled go the 30 miles home?

Well I made it, but that was one lonely hour.

So I agree roughly 2 gallons at light on.

Yamadoo

I run mine low and got tired of looking at the light.. Took out the stock fuel sender ( & put a fuel pick up in its place) Then installed a 2000 Phaser gas cap gage. It`s dead on!!!

I have never had to push mine much past when the light comes on but it is nice to know that I can go another 40-50 miles if I have to.

I would not count on anymore than 30 miles unless your sled gets a lot better mileage than mine.

i went 35-40 mi when the light came on,taking it easy with tight snow under me! just be easy with the loud lever when light comes on! ;)!

Same here, the two or three times I've had the light come on I've been amazed at how far I went. I did take it about as easy as it gets every time as I was unsure on how far I had to go. Nothing like rounding corner after corner and not seeing anything but more trail.

thanks guys. So we can safely say 30 to 40 mile (50 -65kilometers)

Main thing is 2 (8 -10 liters) or so gallons after light comes on and do the math for what your sled milage gets from there.

Keep doing the snow dance i think its working.

:-o

blackknight that is exactly how I figure it.;)!

2 gallons ~ 30 miles of easy riding. Pushing it longer than that is a long walk were I ride

Yamadoo

Yep sounds right, I have a '08 w/only 35L tank and the lite comes on around 10L left so it doesn't leave much fuel from full to lite...25L that 3L makes a big difference when riding w/38L sleds :exc:

Back