• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Side Body Deflectors

Highmiler

Expert
Wondering if anybody out there has a picture of their sled with the yamaha side body deflectors. I have been seeing pictures with the windshield side deflectors, but I want to know what the side body deflectors look like and if its worth it. Any opinions on how they work? Did a search and only found windshield side body deflectors. Please post your pictures, thanks.

side deflector

Those Yamaha side deflectors that go on side panels look pretty rude, I ordered a pair of I dont know if i want to say this, but i ordered some ski-doo wind deflecters and mounted them to my side panels on my xtx, doesnt look to bad, I put on a tall windshield and side deflectors and mounted the skidoo ones directly below , It should help kick up the wind over my knees :Rockon:

Re: side deflector

rough rider said:
Those Yamaha side deflectors that go on side panels look pretty rude, I ordered a pair of I dont know if i want to say this, but i ordered some ski-doo wind deflecters and mounted them to my side panels on my xtx, doesnt look to bad, I put on a tall windshield and side deflectors and mounted the skidoo ones directly below , It should help kick up the wind over my knees :Rockon:

can you post a pic or two...sounds like a good idea

deflectors

Part # 860200087 18.50 apair The deflectors are black, I ground out the plastic rib on the inside of deflector then held it up to side panel on nytro and put a mark on deflector, then i took a hand held torch and heated up deflector from the back side and gave it a slight bend and held it that way till the plastic cooled, the deflector then conformed to the curve of the side panel, held on with 2 screws of your own preference :Rockon:

deflector

Rough rider can you post a couple of pics of your mod. Would like to see how they turned out. Thanks

Dox

deflectors

I will try to figure out how to post pics, otherwise i can send them to a email address , wont be till Sat

here is my wifes xtx w/deflectors and mid windy

Attachments

• xtx1.jpg
    xtx1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 464
  • xtx2.jpg
    xtx2.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 568
My Neighbour put them on his XTX and took them off because he said it marked the crap out of his hood. He just left the mid shield on without the deflectors

SledFreak said:
My Neighbour put them on his XTX and took them off because he said it marked the crap out of his hood. He just left the mid shield on without the deflectors

Anyone else have this trouble? I just bought some and i'll return them if thats the case! THANKS :Rockon:

Highmiler said:
Wondering if anybody out there has a picture of their sled with the yamaha side body deflectors. I have been seeing pictures with the windshield side deflectors, but I want to know what the side body deflectors look like and if its worth it. Any opinions on how they work? Did a search and only found windshield side body deflectors. Please post your pictures, thanks.

Here is a pic from the 2010 catalog.

Attachments

• DSC09770.JPG
    DSC09770.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 443
kingedwards99 said:
SledFreak said:

Anyone else have this trouble? I just bought some and i'll return them if thats the case! THANKS :Rockon:

I havent ran them and Ive just installed and notice they most likely will rub....so I plan on finding some windshield trim and applying it to this area to protect or taking foam with adhesive backing an applying it to the hood...

Yep, I agree, something needs to be put on them and I believe shield trim should do it..

deflectors

The deflectors that I Talked about in previos post are the ones that mount on side panels. My windsheild deflecters also rubbed on my hood, so I took them on a bench grinder and neatly ground away the plastic so i have a couple thousands clearance between plastic and hood

Back