• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fx nytro suspension

fox_racing123

I am buying a new sled this fall/winter, and I rode a four-stroke and loved the power, but I'm big into jumping/rough trail sno-cross stuff and am not sure the sled would hold up to it like the rev would. What do you guys think? I need it to be really stiff in the back, but I've heard that the yammies have horrible back shocks. What do you guys think? I'm gonna be looking for a renegade this fall, unless I find out this sled is something amazing. Thanks

since i dont think too many of us have rode this machine i dont think we will be able to help u out...my best advice would be to tell u to watch teh snow cross and see how it is. i would think if the suspension is in the current snowcross sled then it would be the best for ur jumping and anything you can throw at it but a susp. is only as good as its shocks allow it to be

I would take FX Nytro into consideration before you buy a Renegade. I just bought an Apex GT last year and I absolutely love the fit and finish of a Yamaha (I used to ride a Rev-X/pro-x) this is the first Yamaha sled I have owned and I’m really impressed, my only problem is I bought the wrong sled for my riding style, like you I love catching air and used to race sno-cross The FX Nytro I believe should hold up to some serious torture in the larger moguls and jumps, at least I hope so because I plan on trading in my Apex for one.

Will this be as capable as the sno-x sled? From what I've seen, the sno-x sled isn't doing so hot, so hopefully this one will work alright.

The rear shocks in the FX Nytro RTX are the most hardcore suspension pieces ever bolted into any Yamaha skid.
16mm shafts, resevoirs on BOTH center and rear shocks, compression and rebound adjustments on BOTH shocks. The only thing missing is separate High/Low compression adjustment - which would come with a price. I suspect these shocks could be tuned very stiff for those who desire to jump and pound huge bumps without bottoming.

If you're serious about suspension, I don't think any stockers are worth a damn. Get whatever sled you want and replace the shocks with good aftermarkets. These are the best I've seen. All four shocks are triple adjustable and built by Penske.

Attachments

• MyNewShocksSmallPic.jpg
    MyNewShocksSmallPic.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 205
pro116 said:
the skid in the fx nytro is different than the snow cross sled.

I would think the skid would be the same, just different calibration. Allen Ulmer said it's an all new suspension.

SNOxrACEr6 said:
rfabro said:
If you're serious about suspension, I don't think any stockers are worth a damn. Get whatever sled you want and replace the shocks with good aftermarkets. These are the best I've seen. All four shocks are triple adjustable and built by Penske.

those are sickkkk, what you think of HYGEAR's Trail Pro Package???

http://www.hygearsuspension.com/_wsn/page14.html

Those guys are good. An upgrade like that could blow your mind!

Back