• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Nytro Hitting Rev Limiter

Blue08Nytro

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Nytro RTX
Kind of stumped here my 08 Nytro sounds like its hitting rev limiter at random speeds sometimes its 110kmh other times its 170 or just about any speed over 110 ish it seems. But it doesn't happen everytime I'm really not sure what could be causing it. I replaced the drive cogs on it last fall this issue started last winter so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or maybe its the speedometer gear on that shaft but even if it was the gear I know for a fact I'm not going top speed when it happens. It has a Barker slip on muffler on it without a programmer/tuner but thats been on since before I bought the sled a few years ago so I doubt thats it. Thanks guys

Kind of stumped here my 08 Nytro sounds like its hitting rev limiter at random speeds sometimes its 110kmh other times its 170 or just about any speed over 110 ish it seems. But it doesn't happen everytime I'm really not sure what could be causing it. I replaced the drive cogs on it last fall this issue started last winter so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or maybe its the speedometer gear on that shaft but even if it was the gear I know for a fact I'm not going top speed when it happens. It has a Barker slip on muffler on it without a programmer/tuner but thats been on since before I bought the sled a few years ago so I doubt thats it. Thanks guys

With the Exhaust and Tuner did you change the clutching to go with that?

With the Exhaust and Tuner did you change the clutching to go with that?
It has a Barker slip on and no tuner and no I never touched the clutching. But I bought it this way and it worked great for a season until last winter when this started. According to Barkers website it doesn't need to have a tuner on it

It has a Barker slip on and no tuner and no I never touched the clutching. But I bought it this way and it worked great for a season until last winter when this started. According to Barkers website it doesn't need to have a tuner on it

When I added exhaust to my Nytro it made it more revy and would blow out the track, are you sure it just dont need more top weight or a clutch kit?

When I added exhaust to my Nytro it made it more revy and would blow out the track, are you sure it just dont need more top weight or a clutch kit?
If I'm being honest I have no clue if it needs more weight or not like I've always ridden the same areas so theres no drastic change in elevation

If I'm being honest I have no clue if it needs more weight or not like I've always ridden the same areas so theres no drastic change in elevation

I would guess it needs more tip weight but I would have to hear it really to be sure. Conditions will affect traction and traction will really affect how the clutching hits.

I would guess it needs more tip weight but I would have to hear it really to be sure. Conditions will affect traction and traction will really affect how the clutching hits.
Yeah its really weird ill have to play around in different conditions and see if i can figure out whats doing it

I have a 2008 nitro I bored out, port and polished, jetted, aftermarket exhaust, amongst other mods. Last year I hit 128mph (speedo) on fresh powder before shutting it down. I feel with the new mods im confident I can hit 130-140 if trail is fresh and allows it

Back