• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FYI T.O.R.S.

stopdropanroll

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.styleonecustommotoring.com
Just figured I would share my issue with the tors on my Nytro last weekend. I had allready put on 175 miles before tors started acting up this season, we got to the UP around 9pm thursday night and after getting unloaded and settled in we suited up for a short loop. about 5min into the ride the tors acted up, I pulled over and checked everything out, all looked fine. We got going again and now the throttle was hanging up very slightly (RPMs were acting like high idle) so I pulled over and removed my bar pad that looked like it could have been putting presure on my cable, took off and still acting up. So finally I stopped removed hood and side panel looking for a issue, I thought maybe something was in the way of the cable, after letting the sled cool down I found that the jam nut on the throttle had worked its way loose and was binding up, thus pulling on the throttle slightly. I adjusted it till the idle was normal and then tightened it up and never had a issue agian all weekend. Never have I touched the jam nut or made any adjustments in 2700 miles. So it maybe something to check on all Nytros before you get out to ride!!!.

yup

Just got a call from my dealer this week saying that he received a bulletin on that exact same jam nut. He asked me to ensure I check it before my next ride. Don't be surprised to hear fron your dealer soon....

This same thing happened to me a few weekends ago. Sled has 2600 miles on it! All the tools you need are you the yamaha tool kit, I believe you will need two 10mm wrenches. When adjusting make sure you leave 3-4mm of play in the throttle so the tors does not act up from the cable being to tight.
Here is a pictures of what came lose: (look past the temp sensor)

Attachments

• DSC01396.jpg
    DSC01396.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 310
Easy Rider said:
I just by-passed the stupid TORS and don't have to worry about it anymore. Nothing worse than have it activate and have someone run into the back of your sled.... :o|
How? Got pics?

crank shaft said:
How? Got pics?

This isn't a practice to promote, but if one were to follow the wires one may come to recognize what should not be done.

And if you don't recognize what should not be done, you probably should not be messing around under the hood anyway.

I bypassed it on my yamaha SX and Viper but would not even think about it on my Nytro.
Sled flips over... throttle gets stuck open..... Engine failure..... $$$$

arteeex said:
crank shaft said:
How? Got pics?

This isn't a practice to promote, but if one were to follow the wires one may come to recognize what should not be done.

And if you don't recognize what should not be done, you probably should not be messing around under the hood anyway.
Its my sled and I will do what I want. Lol. It would be nice to know how to by pass the TORS if it starts acting up miles from nowhere. You know, just to get you outta the woods.

Here's a pic that was posted elsewhere on here. Just disconnect the white plug and black plug with the single wire from the throttle side wiring harness, plug the white and black together and you are good to go.....

Attachments

• IMG_2783[1].jpg
    IMG_2783[1].jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 254
crank shaft, arteex is just suggesting that if and when you decide to bypass the TORS only do it when you are stuck. Take it from someone with experience it ony takes one time for your throttle to stick and bye bye you or bye bye sled or bye bye riding buddies.
Obviously you are going to do what you wish but if the people you are riding with are aware your TORS is bypassed, they may not want to ride with u, I wouldn't. Just MTC.

This T.O.R.S crap has got to be the biggest pain in the #*$&@ I've ever seen on any sled! There is hardly a Nytro owner on these forums that hasn't had trouble with it at one point or another! If it's such a brilliant idea then why doesn't that crap work! The principal behind it is good but we've never had this stuff in the past and it's been fine! Always more & more safety & technical crap to worry about & all it really does is cause headaches! I've adjusted mine once so I haven't had a lot of repeat issues but reading all of the different issues it causes is ridiculous. Well don't push your throttle this way, do it this way.....! Are you kidding me!! It's a throttle, push it & go! Never before have I ever heard that on any kind of vehicle! Don't step on your pickup accelerator like that, do it like this or you might trip the safety switch! Yikes!! Ok, chest is lighter, I'm done!

Back