• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FYI T.O.R.S.

I install a roll pin along side the throttle lever pin, taking up the elongated hole. works with most any sled and leaves the kill button working. have disabled hundreds and never in my life seen throttle safety save anyone. it is important to use the kill button as habit and forget about the key. especially if kids are learning to ride. If you are satisfied thinking you are safe because your tors works, then someone may not want to ride with you, I know I wouldn't. would probably be the same person fumbling around looking for the key to shut it off.

MOUNTY said:
crank shaft, arteex is just suggesting that if and when you decide to bypass the TORS only do it when you are stuck. Take it from someone with experience it ony takes one time for your throttle to stick and bye bye you or bye bye sled or bye bye riding buddies.
Obviously you are going to do what you wish but if the people you are riding with are aware your TORS is bypassed, they may not want to ride with u, I wouldn't. Just MTC.
You must of not noticed that after my statement I put (Lol) That ment I was just joking around. I wasnt serious or angry with arteex. As fas as the TORS system goes I have never had any system like it on any of my Ski-Doos and my buddies always rode with me. Are Yamahas throttles more prone to sticking? I think not. I am going to disable mine today and never look back. :Rockon:

Cat has/had a system like TORS and I had issues with my ZR back in the day, it would cut ignition and then backfire a ball of flame the size of a basketball, sucked at the time but was cool to see on the trail. Ended up replacing the entire kill switch assembly.

I had my nephew run into the back of me when mine acted up last year on a straight trail, throttle cable adjusted correctly, nothing out of the ordinary, and the TORS activated all on its own at about 30mph. KERPOW, I got one from behind! Didn't do much damage to the back of my sled, just the snow flap, but the RevXP that hit me needed a hood, headlight assembly and a windshield.

Called my dealer and he told me how to disable the TORS so I could keep riding. Obviously it had happened before, because the sales guy knew exactly what to tell me to do......

I survived the last 40 years of riding without this TORS BS and I'll continue to do so for hopefully another 40 years! :drink:

By diconnecting the TORS will it hurt the sled in any way?

Why couldn't you just install a teather and diconnect the TORS and you have the best of both worlds?

Easy Rider said:
I had my nephew run into the back of me when mine acted up last year on a straight trail, throttle cable adjusted correctly, nothing out of the ordinary, and the TORS activated all on its own at about 30mph. KERPOW, I got one from behind! Didn't do much damage to the back of my sled, just the snow flap, but the RevXP that hit me needed a hood, headlight assembly and a windshield.

Called my dealer and he told me how to disable the TORS so I could keep riding. Obviously it had happened before, because the sales guy knew exactly what to tell me to do......

I survived the last 40 years of riding without this TORS BS and I'll continue to do so for hopefully another 40 years! :drink:
good point, I see people hurt by all kinds of equiptment while ignorantly fiddling with it due to safety stuff acting up.

When you say unplug the white and black plugs and plug them together, do you mean just one of them or both have to be plugged back in?
Sled seems to do it 1 or 2 a day.

curryd said:
When you say unplug the white and black plugs and plug them together, do you mean just one of them or both have to be plugged back in?
Sled seems to do it 1 or 2 a day.

I didn't bother with the leads coming from the bars, just the ones on the engine side. It just completes the circut.

I agree with most of you guys that just posted here! Mine's gonna get disconnected this year before I start riding(not enough snow yet...grrr)! Like one fella said on here, it's worked this many years without it so why not keep it this way! If something were to happen I wouldn't go blaming Yamaha!

By the way, I never meant to hijack your thread SD&R! Good info you posted for someone who may be looking for help in that area! Was just venting on what I thought was & is a crappy idea! Cheers!

To the people that have already done this, does it get rid of that annoying hesitation on the starting line?????

Back