• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas light help

DCphazer

I have a 08 MTX and when I started it up for the first time this winter the gas level bars are flashing along with the yellow warning and gas pump icon. It was full of gas so thats not the problem and it runs fine.... Any ideas on what the problem could be ????

Make sure the lead is plugged in from the tank float. If it's plugged in disconnect and clean contacts. When they are unplugged the bars flash.

yox185 said:
Make sure the lead is plugged in from the tank float. If it's plugged in disconnect and clean contacts. When they are unplugged the bars flash.

Thanks I will look at it today!!

Next thing I would check, is the pickup in the gas tank.

Start by draining the tank and looking in as best you can with a flashlight.

I've seen the pickup bar with the brushes, get pried off the resister part of the pickup by some unfortunate interaction with a gas fill nozzle.

If you find the pickup bar rattling around the inside of the empty tank... you'll need to pull the tank.

Mike

mrc3 said:
Next thing I would check, is the pickup in the gas tank.

Start by draining the tank and looking in as best you can with a flashlight.

I've seen the pickup bar with the brushes, get pried off the resister part of the pickup by some unfortunate interaction with a gas fill nozzle.

If you find the pickup bar rattling around the inside of the empty tank... you'll need to pull the tank.

Mike

I think that was the problem...... It seems to be fine now. THANKS for the help!!

Back