• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gear fill location 06nytro

Lakehouse2021

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'95 Vmax 600
14 Skidoo Renegade X 1200
I'm stupid apparently... I found the drain hole on the gear box but can't find the details on how to fill/overfill it? Says .75L of lube but no hole looks like easy access... Help?

If you’re staring at the case look for the dipstick on the right hand side, that’s where you fill it. There’s a coolant hose that runs vertical from the thermostat housing, sometimes it’s tucked just a little behind it. They call for 8.5 oz ish or 250ml.

Here, sometimes a picture helps:
Reverse.JPG

x3 on fill through dipstick hole. i tend to fill mine to the full without reverse mark on the dipstick witch is slightly over filled but does not hurt it.

I ended up filling through the dip stick hole and checking 6+ times to full... Thanks!

Yes, through the dipstick hole. It's a pain to get at. I ended up taking a little plastic funnel and trimming it until it fit around the hoses and such.
It is now my specific gear oil filler funnel. had the sled 10 years and change the gear oil every season just like engine oil.
Having the oil a bit warm helps with it flowing in as well

Back