• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gearing For Tuned Sidewinder

Guy with 22/41 gearing ran 135 gps on ice with TD Max17 the other day. How much overdrive is that?
Well if they ran stock drivers at 8900....they are around .86 OD

But they may be running a lower lug track with 2.52 pitch to get those speeds, more details needed.

Dan

Image-1.jpg

I'm running 22/41 in my LTX LE and should be out doing some pulls later this week if the snow holds. This would be with Dave's bundles of tunes and a 3" Sandale Hyperflow.
Awesome Jim!...I did not know you went with Daves bundle too. Looking forward to your results. That should really roll with the Sandale 3" monster.

Will be awhile for my area for rideable snow I have a feeling...

thnx
Dan

At what rpm? And how much tail wind??
Gotta remember that was on the Speedo . Fastest I ran with the 22/41 was 132 in 1320 on Cat Clutches was most likely right out of gear, saw a SW same gearing on Radar run 134 in 2000 plus feet and throw the belt, radar may not of been 100% accurate.

Awesome Jim!...I did not know you went with Daves bundle too. Looking forward to your results. That should really roll with the Sandale 3" monster.

Will be awhile for my area for rideable snow I have a feeling...

thnx
Dan
The dream is dead. Went out to Sandale this aft and the snow is no more. +7c right now and starting to rain :(

Gotta remember that was on the Speedo . Fastest I ran with the 22/41 was 132 in 1320 on Cat Clutches was most likely right out of gear, saw a SW same gearing on Radar run 134 in 2000 plus feet and throw the belt, radar may not of been 100% accurate.

His post said 135GPS.

The dream is dead. Went out to Sandale this aft and the snow is no more. +7c right now and starting to rain :(
Milder here tomorrow too, and looks like next cool down with pattern change will arrive around 8th dec. So likely not much riding before that anywhere too far south. Sure hope this winter is not another bust like the last 2!

Guy with 22/41 gearing ran 135 gps on ice with TD Max17 the other day. How much overdrive is that?
Yes sir... 135 gps on the lake multiple witnesses... It was friendly competition and he took the honors...135 with 22/41 gears is completely maxed out... Efficient to 132mph and he only got. To 135 because he had a lot of power with the powertrail V4, Another customer ran 131mph gps but he was spinning Soo much he had speedo showing 139mph because his dull studs couldn't hook l. He had 21/38 gears which are taller.

Originally I wrote max 17 but the owner confirmed it as powertrail not max 17

Yes sir... 135 gps on the lake multiple witnesses... It was friendly competition and he took the honors...135 with 22/41 gears is completely maxed out... Efficient to 132mph and he only got. To 135 because he had a lot of power with the powertrail V4, Another customer ran 131mph gps but he was spinning Soo much he had speedo showing 139mph because his dull studs couldn't hook l. He had 21/38 gears which are taller.

Originally I wrote max 17 but the owner confirmed it as powertrail not max 17
What's Powertrail V4 ??

wow that is rocking with that map Ben......so 22 top gear sounds like 135 is achievable with stock drivers and track, just need the power to get there.

Dan

wow that is rocking with that map Ben......so 22 top gear sounds like 135 is achievable with stock drivers and track, just need the power to get there.

Dan
I can't confirm if it was stock track and drivers, maybe Ben will chime in.

Dan
I am skeptical about this...:hide:

Back