• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

General opinion on Simmon's Flex ski

stopdropanroll

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.styleonecustommotoring.com
Hello all,

I just wanted to get some opinions on the Simmon's flex ski, I have C&A Razors with 9.5 Shapers on my F7 and LOVE them but I fear they may be too aggressive for my XTX, I plan doing some riding out west in the near future so powder is a concern as well. Most of my riding is aggressive trail in southern and northern WI

Thanx

I could not for the life of me make them steer easy on my nytro. I borrowed them from our yamaha dealer when I was having troubles. They were the simmons skis and were crazy hard to turn, now I don't know if there are different carbide combinations I only had them for a weekend but no adjustments seemed to make them able to turn easily.

I have to aggree with the slow speed turning effort. My dealer told me to stop being a p@ssy and turn it!!! Well, after 4 or 5 hours of hard riding... hard turning sucks!!! But, on the up side they really worked well for me under most conditions. I had a lot more confidence in the turns and eliminated my darting completely. Decent floatation off trail too. I'd buy another set after these ones are smoked. Unless perhaps the Curve XS are really as good as they say....

OneBadWarrior said:
I have to aggree with the slow speed turning effort. My dealer told me to stop being a p@ssy and turn it!!! Well, after 4 or 5 hours of hard riding... hard turning sucks!!! But, on the up side they really worked well for me under most conditions. I had a lot more confidence in the turns and eliminated my darting completely. Decent floatation off trail too. I'd buy another set after these ones are smoked. Unless perhaps the Curve XS are really as good as they say....

Thanks......good info..... ;)!

i love them hands down. the only thing i don't like about them is the heavy slow speed steering on them but every thing else is awesome. the high speed is awesome. no darting, no tracking i would buy another set in a heart beat. i would give 9.5 outta 10 on them just because of the heavy slow speed steering. but thats the only complaint.

darren

fxnytrortx3 said:
i love them hands down. the only thing i don't like about them is the heavy slow speed steering on them but every thing else is awesome. the high speed is awesome. no darting, no tracking i would buy another set in a heart beat. i would give 9.5 outta 10 on them just because of the heavy slow speed steering. but thats the only complaint.

darren

Thanks for the input, it seams like any aftermarket ski out there is going to have some slow speed turning issues, guess ya take the good with the bad. What carbide do you run with them? Do they make a shaper for them? :yam:

i have simmions and if you play with the transfer you can get them to work really well going down the trail. hard going slow under 5 mph

stopdropanroll said:
fxnytrortx3 said:

darren

Thanks for the input, it seams like any aftermarket ski out there is going to have some slow speed turning issues, guess ya take the good with the bad. What carbide do you run with them? Do they make a shaper for them? :yam:

i didn't find any shaper bars for them. i have the rotein sets just because i could get them from our dealership. they are 6in and 4 in sets.

my uncle bought a xtx this year and he rode my nytro last year when i put the new skis on and he said he would have a pair of simmons before the snow flies this year. they are on the way to his house right now.

i defanitley reccommend these skis, granted i haven't tried any of the other ones. i absolutley love my simmons

darren :-o :letsnow: :yam:

Back