• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Glad I own a yamaha

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
4 stroke sled all around me are blowing up and my yammy is still going strong, knock on wood. A couple buddy's that I ride with are out for the season. One has a polaris 2011 750 turbo 4 stroke (2800 miles)and the other has a arctic cat t660 turbo (4000ish miles). The 750 blew up last week end and the 660 blew up today. My rx1 with 14,400 miles is still going strong. I tried to tell them to buy a yamaha but the insisted on the ones the have now, the ones that are not running. :4STroke: :yam:

looks lile you'll be solo the rest of this year. lol

Met a guy last weekend with 2012 Polaris 750 turbo 100 miles into week long trip with his buddies . His chain case was f<^€Ed for the second time. He said he taking back and buying a yami.

Just another story about why we ride Yamaha's! They always get you back home. Yamaha Quality

Not 100% sure, I wasn't there. It happened this past week end on the 800 mile ride that I was supposed to go on, but didn't for personal reasons. All I know is it popped and stalled and when he tried to remove the plugs to check the cylinders the middle plug would only back out a few turns and then stop. They figured possibly balled up with piston metal or something. He just got it back home yesterday. I believe it was a 2006 model

pretty curious, my neighbors is also a 2006. havent really heard of many failures, but not really looking for them either

Friend just blew up his lightning fast 800 e-tech doo. Third year riding. just over 3,000 miles. Since he beat me on the lake all the time I got to rub it in a little. I have close to 14,000 miles...

Bigblue1 said:
Friend just blew up his lightning fast 800 e-tech doo. Third year riding. just over 3,000 miles. Since he beat me on the lake all the time I got to rub it in a little. I have close to 14,000 miles...
had he redone the crank bearings that they recommend doing every 2500 miles? talk about high maint!

03viperguy said:
pretty curious, my neighbors is also a 2006. havent really heard of many failures, but not really looking for them either

I talked to him today and he has been doing some research on the net and found that aparently the middle cylinder on the T660 seems to be the weak link. Thats what went on his. I realize that this stuff can happen to any sled, regardless of make, but it seems that the yamaha 4 strokes generaly seem to go longer than the other brands.
My buddy with the 750 turbo just got a quote from the polaris dealer for just the engine, $8000.00 PLUS instalation labour. Good thing he got the extended warrenty. He's talking now about selling it once it is fixed and going back to a 2 stoke polaris. I tried to tell him to get an apex or a nytro but he's talking polaris again. Some people just have to learn the hard way. I told him that I will still be on my first engine in my rx1 and he will be rebuilding his 2 stroke. I took his girlfreinds polaris pro R 600 for a spin in the deep powder on the lake and even though it was grossly under powered, seriously under powered, I do have to admit it was fun to be able to throw it around and boondock along the shorelines.
All I can say is :yam:

did it lose bearings or the jug? and I agree, the yamahas just seem to last. was the 600 under-powered for a 600, or compared to your rx1? should have about the same power as a viper

Back