• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Glass pack hitting tunnel

YaMon

Pro
Anyone know if a glasspack touching the top of the tunnel will cause any issues with my seat? Or better yet anyone know how I can keep it from touching? I have a 3" diameter glass pack that I am putting on my Vector and it just barely touches. It would be nice if I had a little gap, but I can't see a way to drop the manifold comming from the engine. I don't know if it will bang, thump or cause melting. Any help would be great. Thanks

Mine touches..rode that way for about 1000 miles and never had any problem. I had stock tunnel with heat shields in place but it doesn't get very hot as it is a straight flow through rather than an actual muffler.

Rt

Thanks Trxster, mine is also a straight flow through, Pro-Flo can see right through, hope it is not too loud. I will be leaving the heat shields in place also. Does yours thump at all?

post some pics when you are done I would like to see it how it went for you. I looked at my seat and I am unsure what I am going to do to support it.

Thank you

I have done the single exhaust also. The glass pack is being held away from my tunnel by about 1/8" due to a rivet in the way. No problem in any way yet. I've got about 600 miles on this mod and just love it. It is only slightly louder than stock, but sounds way better.

I had the same rivet for the heat sheild, I drilled it out cause it was too tight but now I'm thinking that might help.

I leave a little room (1/16"-1/8") between the pack and heat shield. I posted instructions on how we've done it at:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=34170
Never have had heat issuses, even without the shield, and whith boss seats, but we usually ride in soft snow conditions and don't let the sleds sit and idle forever.

Kachess, I would like to leave some room the problem is that the header pipe is starting out too high. It is just low enough to get the glass pack on. I saw your instructions and that is what gave me the confidence that it could be done, awesome write up. thanks for taking the time to do it.

Back