• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

goggles

I have the 509 goggles and I cannot stay warm in those, my forehead gets cold right away, like there is way to much air coming in, cant wear them, unless its 30 degrees F -- maybe Im missing something in the setup, any ideas ?

All that I wear under my Helmet is a thin baclavara. The Scotts have great coverage around the face with very thick foam.And the Rubber nose piece works Awesome.

YamahaOutlaw said:
I just bought a pair of castle launch snow goggles. Today was the first time I rode with them, and they were great. No fogging, and plenty warm. For under $40, I'm really happy with them so far.

http://www.firstplaceparts.com/64-1221.html

X2. I bought a pair this weekend 'cuz I couldn't find the Scott's I was looking for. Very nice for 40 bucks. I kinda regret ordering the $80 Scotts when I picked these up.

just bring your helmet in to the store you buy the goggles at make sure they are a good fit and seal well and get doubble lens thermall goggles. And I switched from SPY to Smith for the snow I dont like the SPY's in cold weather.

i just ordered the 509 sinister with the Orange lense and the new Polarized lense and a Habervision Eliminator to add to them. I have ran Scotts for a while and had terrible fogging issues.
If you dont know what the Habervision Eliminator is - check it out. I have heard good things about it from a VERY reliable source... Somewhere in the testimonials is a "guide from Togwotee" I wont mention names... but IMO thats good enough for me to try it out.

http://www.habervision.com/product/12013.aspx

I use the Zeal Links that are polarized and photochromatic. They are awesome. Only need to keep one pair as they automatically adjust for day/night levels of light. I have yet to experience a foggy goggle. They cost a little more, but I have been very happy with them. Not to mention they look cool.
:bling

I've got a set of the Scott Thermamaxes which have the really big and comfy foam- those have never fogged and they cut the wind around your face really well- use those with both a Klim F4se and an Oneal 905. Goggles work great with both- are very snug in the eyeframe of the Klim. Just got a new set of 509 Aviators and those are nice too- also no fogging, love the lens design. Also a snug fit in the Klim eyeframe. Get a Klim balaclava to keep the wind off your forehead- very thin, but because it's got Windstopper fabric in it, it prevents brainfreeze on those super-cold days.

I've used Oakleys for at least 15 years now, and are very happy. Mainly because of the wide range of lens options (tint & colors). I have both the Wisdom and Crowbar model, and use them for both skiing and snowmobiling. Just make sure you have the double layer lenses, so fogging will be no issue at all.

I always have a spare pair of googles with in my trunk bag when I ride. I wear Oakley Wisdoms on the bright sunny days with a persimmon lens and i have a pair of SCOTT 89XI Turbo with amp rose lenses for the overcast days. Wich ever one I'm not wearing goes in the bag incase conditions change. I must say the Oakley's resist fogging better then the SCOTT's in my opinion. I also bought a pair of light sensitive lenses for the SCOTT's but they get a little dark for me.

Back