• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gold finger garbage or not?

rx1dog

I ordered a gold finger left hand throtle I was told by a buddie to send it back that they were garbage what do you guys think?

I've not heard nor read of any problems, I have 2 and 1 of the Speed Worx, no problems. I like the GF the best for ease of install and look. D

rx1dog said:
Thanks I will throw it on! Any Ideas on handle bar risors, Brand and size?

I'm 5'7" tall and here's my setup; Fly Aerotaper sno-cross (mtn bend) Fly 8" risers, Fly billet bar hooks, longer throttle cable from MPI (ThrustedVector is their connection), SLP braided stainless steel brake line, all connections relocated to under the tank cowl and wires wrapped in red 3/8" plastic wire loom from Wal-Mart. I got my bars and riser from www.factoryteam2racing.com.

Jim

Attachments

• RX-1mtn Update 11-20-05.jpg
    RX-1mtn Update 11-20-05.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 78
  • MPI Powder Handle.jpg
    MPI Powder Handle.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 82
I put the Goldfinger on a year ago. It will work fine if you are very fussy in setting it up correctly. If it has any drag, your throttle will hang open just a little. Make sure you route it the most direct route possible without bends or kinks. My other advice is: You don't neccesarily need full throttle with it, leave a little slack so it lets your throttle snap back all the way. Good luck

goldy

the goldfinger warks fine,no problems here.If installed corectly you will not have problems.
you can save yourself a few dollars and maybe find a better lever from a bicicle shop,cable is generic.and really no need to spend $100 on a gold finger.Dialectric grease works well in the cable to prevent freezing

good luck D

I didn' care for the Gold Finger much. I found the lever action to be twitchy. The lever is not large enough to get smooth action from it. I like the Lefty's Sidehiller. Large lever, easier to work when in the technical stuff.

Would you mind posting some pictures after you install would be really helpful thnx

-taphouse

Back