• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Good article on the front end we raced

People have to remember that any project Yamaha takes on has many departments involved and all work on there own aloted budget and if the product they are developing is going to be sold the costs incurred must be recouped. So just in labor cost they are probly in the 100k area, not to mention the material and testing cost. I would imagine they have gone thruogh a few differnt protoypes before this one and a portion of those cost would have to be added as well. So if you look at the big picture and the low build numbers that price is probly on track. I would like to know if any body has actually tryd to get one. Or if its more fun to jaw about the price tag on ty foums. I think the stock front end after 08 works pretty well, it dose have its issues but you can say that about every sled on the market from any mfg. From what i understand this kit was intended for those who wanted to race and was never intended to be offered through gyt parts to the average comsumer, just like the other guys race sleds, not every body gets those either.

The Nytro front end does not work well in any year.... If they lowered the price reasonalbly, they would get there money back, because every Nytro needs an updated front end..

Would be interesting to see something near it with about 180hp someday called the Nytro X , or 180 SRX, for the trail wouldn't it? Someday I'm sure race/track may lead to our show rooms and garages.

we live in the i want it now world. Patience people. Do i want one, yes. am i willing to pay 8,000 bucks, no. They are undoubtably seeing the demand on here and I for one am hoping to see it on next years model or 2015 with a bump in HP maybee. Till then ill enjoy my nytro. If they made what i described, id be in line to get one... :yam:

If they don't have something completely new and worthy by 2015 there will be another brand in my shop. I'm sure I'll still have a 08 in the shop as well. But they would have to do a lot more than a new front end to get me to replace my 08's. The only way I would be interested in a new engine would be if there was a drastic weight loss in it and I don't see that happening. After riding a turbo Nytro I don't really care if they were to even make a 180 hp factory engine.

vip9 said:
Here's my take on cost stack up! Used nytro $4500 track is $600 from tracks usa, differnt skis free if your a sposored racer or $200 at haydays ,revalved stock shocks Carver performance, he has been doing race setups with thease shocks for years $175, studs $300 front end kit under 8 grand if you have the ability to actually race and be competitive. So 14,000 and that is with buying a sled i would assume most already have the sled in that case its 9,000 if your good enough to get sponsors it gose down from there.

Tell Mike Carver you need new seals and piston rings, better yet find some replacements anywhere, worse yet replace a worn shaft. There's other reasons besides durability that race teams tend to use other brands. Fox is probably most common, I would guess dues to the magnitude of feedback, number of sponsorship's, and parts availability. Sorry but the rear shocks on the Nytro are a sore subject with me, they would have been far better off letting Fox equip the sled all the way around. Anyone running the stock stocks on a race, be it cross-country or sno-X is not going to buy an $8,000 kit.

My understanding is that the kit only consisted of the front end parts. If it were a full race kit including everything pointed out, then yeah it wouldn't be that bad at 8k.

You are also going to be in the Mod/Unlimited class, as it is not considered "Stock" anymore.

I dont think they want every nytro owner to have one or it would be easier to get. Just like polaris or cat doesn't offer there race sled to the general consumer. It wasn't ment to replace the stocker.

Vip9,Please take a moment to fill in your profile location as it is a site requirment.Thank you.

Pro 116 not to bust your chops but where dose it say that and why would it let me join without doing it. I cant find where to do it, please help, i dont care if people know where i'm from, It just never asked when i signed up.

Lj 452
Did your shocks do thease things you talk about? If so were you racing, how many race miles did you have on them, who serviced them for you. were you on a ntro rtx? We have run thease shocks quit a bit in top level racing and have not had any of those issues. I wish they would make a new piston for the rear track shock but thats about it. Granted we also have fox shocks and yes they are better, but a sport or average smi-pro would get buy using the stockers. Half the factory team last year used the stock front floats. Ross Erdman's sled had coil overs on it. Just sayin some people think they need them but really dont and if your honest with your self you could save some jing.

vip9 said:
Pro 116 not to bust your chops but where dose it say that and why would it let me join without doing it. I cant find where to do it, please help, i dont care if people know where i'm from, It just never asked when i signed up.
if you dont care then just put in on..........

Please help! I cant figuer out how to go back and do it. Like i said when i signed up it never asked our i over looked it.

Back