• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Got a problem... code 43

SIKEWARD

Expert
got my 12 apex xtx out for the first ride today. Filled it up with fresh premium. Rode about 5 miles and it started hesitating between 6&7000 rpms. Then about 10 miles in the check engine light comes on, code 43. A mile later it shuts off. Then it starts dying every time I came to a stop. Finally this is a dead give away that something is wrong. My friend on his 800 skidoo walks away from me. Now I know something is wrong.

I added a can of sea foam at the next fill up. That seemed to cure the roughness at 6&7 rims and it hasn't died at a stop sign for the last 50 miles now.

My yes plan is up in April. Should I be concerned about code 43?

Thanks for the link. I had seen another chart on HCS that said it had something to do with the fuel pump relay. Maybe that wasn't the right chart for my self.

Seeing how the problem was intermittent and the error code says ecu malfunction open circuit in wiring harness. NOW WHAT DO I DO?

odds are it is a bad relay for the fuel pump and it is weak no not holding as well as it should. i would use the yes and get the dealer to do it.

Haven't seen or heard of them going bad. More than likely a bad ground or connection. One possible culprit is the main ground wire from the battery where it corrodes at the spade connector. I also had that code when my main ground block melted.

Back