• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

got my first weekend of riding (have question/concerns) HELP

bigdave

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Viper LTX SE, 14 Viper RTX SE , 08 FX Nytro , 07 FX Phazer, SOON 2017 Sidewinder LTX LE Blue
So I put on 350miles this weekend the sled rips (of course I did not really mash it) till after 250miles but after that I have seen 102 on the dream meter at just over 9000 rpm (I think it is over revin ??) I have noticed the the sled vibrates much more then my 03 RX1 is this normal or should I be concerned ?? also I hear the primary clanking a bunch and I think the secondary is wineing even on the gas and then have heavy backshift noise (maybe I am just nuts !!!) kind of concern !
then I found what might be a big problem but am afraid to take it apart due to warranty yesterday I found that the chain tensioner had backed off but not out only reason I even relived this is that the sled started to really rummble so I finger tightened it with an added 1/4 turn with a wrench and it seemed to get rid of some of the rummble but now notice the rummble when braking
STD FX nytro all stock with 144 studs

Please help me I think I am going crazy I might just be over anaylizing this thing !!
thanks Dave
:rocks:

wow that's quite a list you got there.

Loose chain tension will cause some vibration, so will loose track tension.

Speedo's are 6% out.

9000rpm aint' bad...8800 is ideal but it all depends on what your riding on and what your load is.

Not sure about clanking in primary, don't sound normal. Maybe it's nothing though...if everything looks fine visually, just ride.

Backshift noise is fine...

That's my two cents.

my primary is noisy also but another ty member seems to think it just the weight and is normal. never tighten your chain adjuster with a wrench, finger tight and back off 1/4 is correct. i think we here more clutch noise and backshift because of the venting in the side panels. my sled rocks and with a little more suspension tuning it will be the funnest sled to date. :4STroke:

The chaintensioner did the same thing on mine and two other RTXs the other day.

concerns

Thanks Guys I think I might take it in just to make sure the chain has no problems not really sure how long I rode with it loose (maybe only 10 15 miles) plus when you come to a stop the brake feel a bit shakey not smooth
I was thinking it was the track making most of the vibration I have adjusted it twice in the 300 miles or so

thanks again GUYS
:rocks:

I noticed my cluch making more noise at 1000 miles blew belt at 350 and 1050 miles both at 95 mph

yes and soon as I jump into fresh powder sled hits 9100 and bounces off rev limiter and I have 2 let off and feather throttle and have been breaking in new belts

I have never blown a DN belt. If not rinding in EXTREME conditions there must be something wrong to blow 2 of them in 1000 miles.....

Yellowknife said:
wow that's quite a list you got there.

Loose chain tension will cause some vibration, so will loose track tension.

Speedo's are 6% out.

9000rpm aint' bad...8800 is ideal but it all depends on what your riding on and what your load is.

Not sure about clanking in primary, don't sound normal. Maybe it's nothing though...if everything looks fine visually, just ride.

Backshift noise is fine...

That's my two cents.

I wonder if the RTX speedo's are off the same amount as the MTX speedos. Any idea?

Back