• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gotta Love These SideWinders[I guess Tcats too]

sideshowBob

Lifetime Member
We are lucky here in North Western Ontario and have a relatively early snow so I have been riding my XTX-LE in the fields and on my acreage.
I have been reflecting on the absolutely incredible seamless Power these sleds produce. My sled is no where near stock the same as all my sleds have ever been.
IMO...There has never been a sled that has had so many High Tech After Market companies providing endless upgrades to one specific sled, all of them highly capable, you just have to pick your poison.
I have been a Yamaha rider for decades and fought the transition from the SRX two strokes to the Apex and resisted the Apex to the Sidewinder[Yamacat] but I have to say in almost 60 years of riding, and racing sleds I have never been happier with my sled then I am with my Sidewinder.
The after market Vendors and experts on Totallyamaha are a big part of my satisfaction.
Yes these YamaCats need some specific upgrades and TLC but overall they are an incredible sled that blows away anything we ever had before them. I actually enjoy doing upgrades to my sleds anyway as it makes it more 'Mysled".
I also still own my YamaCharged 2007 Attak that is an incredible sled that I really like but it needed way more upgrade$ then my Sidewinder ever has and is not even on the same Planet as my Sidewinder when compared to ride or obviously performance!!!!

I got to try my sled yesterday and I am so freeken excited to hit the trails. the new clutches are smooth and grip the belt very hard . I put a few good trench across my front lawn and got say I will never get tired of the rush I get when squeezing the throttle...

Some lakes are even froze over up this way so it won't be long we will be testing on the lake
I agree with you 100% Bob

We are lucky here in North Western Ontario and have a relatively early snow so I have been riding my XTX-LE in the fields and on my acreage.
I have been reflecting on the absolutely incredible seamless Power these sleds produce. My sled is no where near stock the same as all my sleds have ever been.
IMO...There has never been a sled that has had so many High Tech After Market companies providing endless upgrades to one specific sled, all of them highly capable, you just have to pick your poison.
I have been a Yamaha rider for decades and fought the transition from the SRX two strokes to the Apex and resisted the Apex to the Sidewinder[Yamacat] but I have to say in almost 60 years of riding, and racing sleds I have never been happier with my sled then I am with my Sidewinder.
The after market Vendors and experts on Totallyamaha are a big part of my satisfaction.
Yes these YamaCats need some specific upgrades and TLC but overall they are an incredible sled that blows away anything we ever had before them. I actually enjoy doing upgrades to my sleds anyway as it makes it more 'Mysled".
I also still own my YamaCharged 2007 Attak that is an incredible sled that I really like but it needed way more upgrade$ then my Sidewinder ever has and is not even on the same Planet as my Sidewinder when compared to ride or obviously performance!!!!

Here-here! Couldn't agree more. I LOVED my NA and turbo 1200 Doo's and they were fast and as fun as can be, but the Winder is my favorite trail sled to date now. It took some time to get it perfected, but what a machine it is now.

Always great to get them back out for another season of fun!

The Sidewinder reminds me very much of a Harley Davidson. Yeah they're a little rough around the edges. Yeah they need some keeping up with. But man!! The return on the investment is priceless.
I feel blessed with each mile I ride.

Great read, yamamarc

Very well said, the Sidewinder may not be for everyone but for the riders that stay on top of there equipment and work through some of the issues the factory left for the wrenches to perfect it is overall the best snowmobile ever produced.

Very well said, the Sidewinder may not be for everyone but for the riders that stay on top of there equipment and work through some of the issues the factory left for the wrenches to perfect it is overall the best snowmobile ever produced
X2

Very well said, the Sidewinder may not be for everyone but for the riders that stay on top of there equipment and work through some of the issues the factory left for the wrenches to perfect it is overall the best snowmobile ever produced.
This is my 50th year riding sleds. I have owned and ridden a bunch of them and have never found one that could not be improved. When I sit in my shop and do a little wrenching on one of my old vintage SRX's I think about the improvements I made to that old sled and then think of the improvements I made on my 2014 ZR9. I gives me a little perspective. Over the past 50 years I improved them all in some way. I am looking forward to my new Tcat with power steering and recognize two things. # 1 , It will better than my last new sled. # 2, I am sure I will improve a few things after I ride it awhile.

MY thoughts exactly..just need to get all the skidoo bots off this site!!amazing there are never polaris guys on here EVER bashing us

Got mine all tuned up thanks to yamamarc!! This year I am running 270 tune (bundle of tunes) with hurricanes trail muffler! He also installed the gauge flash! Can’t wait to try it out!! My sled is ready to go! Well I may still need to add more studs!!

Got mine all tuned up thanks to yamamarc!! This year I am running 270 tune (bundle of tunes) with hurricanes trail muffler! He also installed the gauge flash! Can’t wait to try it out!! My sled is ready to go! Well I may still need to add more studs!!

Let me know your thoughts, as a new guy to 270hp. I'm debating same.
Sounds like you'd need to adjust weights and go. Not 100%
Congratulations!!

Ya, I ran 240SS with the bundle of tunes at the end of last season. This year, I went with the trail exhaust, Blow off valve, gauge flash and I am going to run 270SS as the default. I did add weight to my daltons and will see how it shakes out.

MY thoughts exactly..just need to get all the skidoo bots off this site!!amazing there are never polaris guys on here EVER bashing us
they don't take a hint lol

Back