• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

grips

These will work on a nytro. Yamaha actually sells them as a package with grips.
If you get these off ebay you will also need to get new grips to go over the elements as well. You will need the 7" grips for hooked handlebars.

These elements stick to the bare handlebars under the rubber grips.

The old ones can be removed by drilling out the rivets and cutting the grips off with a utility knife. Remove any left over glue from the handlebars and then stick the new grips on.
Then wire them up and put one or two wraps of electrical tape around the hook end to keep them from coming off when you put the new grips on.

I have these on my 2009 Nytro XTX and they helped... but the Yamaheater is truly the way to go if you need more heat.

Those should work.....Had mine installed in 2010....they work!!! A noticeable difference from the stock hand warmers. The kit I purchased was around $100 and came with replacement elements and grips. To remove the stock grips you will have to remove the rivet and cut them off with a razor blade. The stocks are garbage...throw them away. I recall the wiring....I think it was the blue and white wire that provided more power to the grip warmer. Good Luck!!

Back