• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Had a problem with TORS but got it fixed

was going to ride in acadia nat'l park today unloading sled and it was backfiring ocassionally and i was getting a light flashing and on the display a pic of an engine and also a code 84. called the dealer from the parking lot they looked up the code told me it was tors. started looking it over found that last week riding in the snow some water/snow had gotten onder the throttle lever and was holding up the throttle from making the handle bar saftey sw. easy fix and and a great day of riding. sometime the throttle would slide past the ice and make the sw and run good so it was a frustrating issue.

There's enough snow to ride in the park? Are there any trails or is it all off trail riding? I spent 4 years in Castine and came away with the opinion that while the Maine coast is beautiful in the summer, it's quite miserable in the winter. Lots of COLD rain and very little snow. I never really even thought of riding in Acadia.

yes plenty of snow even at the top of cadillac, there is minimal trails to ride they do not allow you to ride everywhere, also the park rangers are out and about enforcing the speed limit. but definately worth the trip i try to make it once a year, the park looks entirely different in the winter. where are you located now?

i know the area, where do you normally ride locally or do you head west. i try to spend alot of time riding out of newport or corinna and head to greenville, forks region.

i notice on you're list of upgrades you have touring mirrors do you have photos, do they make it hard to put the cover on and where did you mount them i thought they might be too low on the hood and there really is no good place to put bar mirrors on.

I don't ride locally very much. I ride in the county quite a lot, as well as the Jackman-Moosehead-Millinockett area. The touring mirrors are useless as mirrors. I have them because they do a good job of deflecting the wind that hits me on the top of my thighs. As far as mirrors go, the ones that mount on the Powermadd handguards work pretty well. I had some trouble with them falling off, but Powermadd was really good to deal with. I sent them an e-mail, and they sent me some new mirrors with an improved mounting set up.
time to go watch the x-games, snowcross finals are on!

Attachments

• sleds.jpg
    sleds.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 71
in the worse case you could have bypassed the tors by unhooking them and re hooking into them sleves in the harness to get you by. just make sure the throttle wont stick before you do it.

Back