• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hand going to sleep?

Nytrosnox

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX 2017 Sidewinder XTX
Im a new Apex owner. I had a 2005 RX-1 that did this and my wife has an Apex that does it to her, and now I own an Apex, and its doingbra it again. My throttle hand goes to sleep from the vibration. I did spray insulation in the bars but that did not help. Anyone else have this problem and did you solve it. :Rockon:

I have the same problem on any sled. Turn the throttle lever down some, it takes the pressure off what ever causes that. I don't think it is from vibes. Works for me!

X2 on adjusting the throttle lever. Instead of using your thumb, try to use part of your palm to reduce the strain on your thumb. There are products that can help, you could look into something like this:
http://sledtoyz.com/component/virtuemar ... egory_id=8
I believe it's made by an advertiser on this site, but I can't remember who makes it.

I have never heard of a hand going to sleep from using a thumb throttle....but what about changing to a twist throttle???

I had the same issue on my Viper, I subsequently have been diagnosed w/ Carpal Tunnel, after I looked into it,and had the EMG test done. You may have early stage of same. I bought these which helped quite a bit. http://www.vibranator.com/snowmobiles_s/46.htm
Either way, make sure you adjust your throttle to a point that your wrist is NOT cupped when riding. IF carpal tunnel,there are nerves that run through your wrist through a sheathing that when the sheathing gets inflamed, pushes against the nerves giving you that nice tingling sensation in your hand. You want your wrist to be bent in a direction that has your hand/knuckles higher than the wrist, and not your hand curled under.

i raised the bars on my rx to fix mine. i think i have carpal as well. when i raised them up 4" so my arms where straight from hand to shoulder (yes i am short). 2'" helps quite a bit as well as that is what my father and brothers sled are raised and it is not as bad as stock.

Try a product called the tumb-thing I had carpal tunnel also and had surgery my doctor who did the surgery also a sleder recommend it an it works great

TBay Sledhead said:
X2 on the carpal tunnel. Had mine done and now no problem.

Me too. I actually sold my sled a few years back because I couldn't do it anymore. Had surgery on both hands and its amazing how many day to day things are better/easier than before. I also bought a sled back again the winter after I had the surgeries with no issues riding anymore.

Back