• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handguards, Mirrors, Low Windshield

A

Anonymous

My additions to my sled during the summer were bar mirrors, powermadd handguards, skid plate, low black windshield and painted the hood screens red to match the sled.... I have added photographs of my sled. How do you think it looks? My fall addition is going to be a stage 2 clutch kit and maybe an ECP kit, depending on the money situation....

:Rockon:

Please tell me more about the mirrors. How much, how hard to mount etc. Thanks. I can't seem to find anything under $80.00 per. "YUK". MM.

MadMax said:
Please tell me more about the mirrors. How much, how hard to mount etc. Thanks. I can't seem to find anything under $80.00 per. "YUK". MM.

The mirrors cost me $35. :D The mirrors are fully adjustable so they ratchet around and under the bars so they are not in the way when the cover is put on. :Rockon: It is very easy to install the mirrors. All you have to do is use a razor and carefully cut the rubber of the grip away from the hole in the handle bar. You then slide the mirror into the hole of the handle bar and tighten... before fully tightening adjust the mirror to where you want it and that is it...They give a great view to the rear.... ;)! I choose to put the handguards on so that it looks more balanced.... :flag:

I was just looking in my Dennis Kirk catalogue and they have Bar end mirrors for $10.99 each. Your choice of Black or chrome.

I just bought a bar end mirror at wal mart for 5 bucks. Looks like it will work fine. They are in the bike section. They have a good lookin shape to them also. For five bucks i'm tryin it! HONK

RX1 Yooper said:
Sharp machine, Where did you get the mirrors? I took my handgaurds off, because I couldn't see the mirror.

Got them at a local motorcycle/atv shop. They ordered them from a catalog for me... The mirrors are for ATV's and street bikes. I believe the brand name is CIPA. They are rugged mirrors and well made. What I really like about these mirrors is that they give a great unobstructed view to the rear and have a pivot joint that allows the mirrors to be folded under the handlebars for when I want to put on my $180 cover... ;)!

I just realized the DK book I looked at is from 97 :o|

Do either the hand guards or mirrors hit the windshield?

MightyWarrior said:
I just realized the DK book I looked at is from 97 :o|

Guess that would make the differences in prices now wouldn't it... lol...

MightyWarrior said:
Do either the hand guards or mirrors hit the windshield

No neither one of them hit the windshield. Turned as far left or right as the bars will go and they come about 1 inch away from hitting... The aftermarket windshield I have is the low windshield, I dont know if the mirrors or handguards would hit the standard height windshield...

What he's using is an ATV mirror/ however you will experience heat loss using them/ they act like a radiator on the handle bars/ you can run the heaters higher however if you need maximum heat alot of the time these mirrors are not the answer/ I got a bicycle mirror and attached it to the left wind-brush hand guard/ the guards come in a blue that goes well with the sled /later

jim-bob said:
What he's using is an ATV mirror/ however you will experience heat loss using them/ they act like a radiator on the handle bars/ you can run the heaters higher however if you need maximum heat alot of the time these mirrors are not the answer

Won't the handguard help with creating a wind block which will help with heating the grips. PowerMadd offers an add-on of a larger guard that quickly attaches to the orginal. Maybe I should try using the larger guard to cover as much of the mirror as possible from the wind.

jim-bob said:
I got a bicycle mirror and attached it to the left wind-brush hand guard/ the guards come in a blue that goes well with the sled

Can you post a picture of your setup here on this thread so we can get a look at it.... ;)!

True Blue said:
Nice Ski Skins :Rockon: are they factory or aftermarket?

LOL

TB

ROTFLMFAO

Good one True Blue...

Did you see my driveway, trying to protect my skis from the gravel. Not pretty but it worked...Should have took them off before the pictures though... Thanks for the attention to detail...lol

Back