• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handguards

snowriderjoe

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper L-TX
I tipped by sled on it's side a couple of weeks ago and broke one of the handguard brackets. I'm thinking about getting a pair of the Skinz Heat Loc Pro Series Hand Guards for $44 instead of buying a new bracket for $22. Just wondering who has used them and what they think about them. Are they warmer than the stock handguards?

Thanks.

I have welded mine a couple times after roll overs.. It works good.. But of course they break again next time you roll over.. I ended up removing them..

Will mount them again if I ever learn to ride my sled :-o

snowriderjoe said:
I tipped by sled on it's side a couple of weeks ago and broke one of the handguard brackets. I'm thinking about getting a pair of the Skinz Heat Loc Pro Series Hand Guards for $44 instead of buying a new bracket for $22. Just wondering who has used them and what they think about them. Are they warmer than the stock handguards?

Thanks.

I have the heat locs, and they were great. Definitely alot, and I mean ALOT warmer than the stock plastic guards. They were the solution to my cold hands for sure.

They work best used in conjunction with the stock handguards. Without the plastic guard in place the Heat Locs tend to flop around alot. After I broke a handguard I solved the flopping problem with duct tape. Not the prettiest solution, but it worked.

I removed the heat locs this winter and put the stock guards back on, mostly because I was finding them a little restrictive as they attach to the bars and both ends, and don't leave alot of room, but if we were to get another cold snap I wouldn't hesitate to put them back on.

They're cheap and they work. What more could you ask for?

Thanks.
I think I will buy a new mounting bracket for my handguard and then get a pair of Skinz for cold riding days. I was wondering if they might be a little restrictive by the way they are attached to the end of the bars.

Back