• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handlebar riser

megaSLED

I have a 2013 Apex XTX, I need to get the handlebar around 2-3" higher.
Is there anyone who knows how high the stock riser is?
Whats the best and cleanest mounting solution.
I´m dreaming of a adjustable riser, in billet style blue:)

The question also goes for my wifes 2013 RS Vector.

I put handlebars off a 2012 Nytro on mine. Not quite as high as you're looking for but you do gain 1.5-2" I'm guessing and it retains the factory look. Feels good. Just another option to think about.

Lake Effects Riser is the way to go. You can mix and match different colored riser parts, and with this riser on the Apex, you can still utilize the chrome ring around the steering post, whereas with the others you can't. Great guy to deal with!!

I sent them an email yesterday, about shipping charges to Norway and if they could deliver the Apex & Vector Pivot Adapter 3.0" in Blue, haven´t got any
answer yet.

fstr-thanu said:
How much can you raise the bars with out messing up the cables?

Throttle cable will be the first to be too short. Probable 4 inches of rise at the most, but even that will require some rerouting of the t-cable. I just got the mountain cable and mountain park brake cable, and then nothing was even remotly short. Oh ya, I got an aftermarket ss brake hose that was about 4-5 inchs longer as well.

I used a 2" Rox riser and 08 Nytro bars. The 2" riser was tight with the stock bars. The Nytro bars are an inch or more taller and a little narrower.The bend in the middle is narrower allowing the controls to be brought in a little closer. Which translates to more rise with out pulling the cables tight. I didn't notice any disadvantage in leverage over the stock bars and the additional hieght was alot more comfortable. grip heaters used the same connectors so the transfer was simple..

I love the idea of going with a site sponsor. However (at least on my 07) the ROX height adjustable 6-8.25 in adjustable riser with the quick adjust levers was the best option (in my opinion). At the 6 in setting it's the same height as stock (on 07, not sure about the Deltabox 3 sleds). At the 8.25 setting it's perfect for standup riding. I'm 6'2" and it it just high enough that I don't have to hunch over. I can only raise it to 8.175 or so before the throttle cable becomes to short in tight turns. For me the height adjust option is huge. It may just be psychological, however I feel that I am able to corner the sled much better when the riser is in the lowered position. The stock egos are fantastic for me when I'm sitting down.

Pic of lake effect

Attachments

• DSC01080.JPG
    DSC01080.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 344
02ViperMody44 said:
Lake Effects Riser is the way to go. You can mix and match different colored riser parts, and with this riser on the Apex, you can still utilize the chrome ring around the steering post, whereas with the others you can't. Great guy to deal with!!

Our (Muffin Works LTD) risers also have the feature of being able to use the chrome trim ring. In fact, we had this feature long before Lake Effect.

I installed the lake effect 2" riser on my 12 apex xtx. I wish I would have done 3". I'm 6' and feel like I am hunched over standing up.

SLEDDOG66 that rubber loop in the middle of your bars. Where do I find something like that? Looks like it would be good for a kid to hold onto when riding the little ones around.

Back