• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handlebar riser

SIKEWARD said:
I installed the lake effect 2" riser on my 12 apex xtx. I wish I would have done 3". I'm 6' and feel like I am hunched over standing up.

SLEDDOG66 that rubber loop in the middle of your bars. Where do I find something like that? Looks like it would be good for a kid to hold onto when riding the little ones around.

It is just a mountain strap. This particular one is nice as it will flex upward or downward, but is one of the most expensive ones sold. Made by "Rox", called the snake strap. Many companies sell much less expensive ones like powermadd. I beleive that yamaha actually sells one in their oem accessories for less money, but none of them have the ability to flex in both directions

I put an 8 " moutain riser on mine ( off 08 apex mtn), gain 2 in and now fits and but still appears stock. now I need to add extra foam to my seat and my sit to stand effort will be perfect.

For those that want the low cost alternative drop in the Powermadd 3" universal pivot riser.

I just installed one tonight. I moved the throttle cable below the bar and the rest were fine. I love the one I installed on the Phazer. This should be a great height

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 231
one question, with the adjustable Rox are you able to retain the chrome trim? this is the one i would like. you can adjust to conditions right on the trail quickly and easily. :Rockon:

sgauthier said:
one question, with the adjustable Rox are you able to retain the chrome trim? this is the one i would like. you can adjust to conditions right on the trail quickly and easily. :Rockon:

No you are not, had it returned it. Left a big void there in my opinion.

I rode mine tonight for the first time! Stood the whole ride! No TORS issues and I made a couple super tight 180 turns with no issues!!

That 3" makes a world of difference in the ditches. Of course, now I will want a taller seat.

biffdotorg said:
I rode mine tonight for the first time! Stood the whole ride! No TORS issues and I made a couple super tight 180 turns with no issues!!

That 3" makes a world of difference in the ditches. Of course, now I will want a taller seat.

Glad to hear it. I just ordered longer "dog bones" from Lake Effect Risers to make mine a little bit taller. I currently have the 4.5" dog bones from there, with the pivot adapter from LE Risers, which equals out to about 1.6" taller then the stock riser(per my HF calipers). I'm going with the 6" dog bones to get my arms up a little more parallel.

Back