• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handlebar throttle block adjustment

frankapex1

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Apex
Hello
I have a 2007 Yamaha Apex RTX. The throttle on my handlebar sits up too high and needs to be rolled downwards to be more comfortable. I don't want to adjust the risers down because then the handlebars hit my knees when I turn a corner. There are 2 screws in the back of the throttle block, I loosened them off but it didn't move the block. Does anybody know how to do this?
Thanks Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello
I have a 2007 Yamaha Apex RTX. The throttle on my handlebar sits up too high and needs to be rolled downwards to be more comfortable. I don't want to adjust the risers down because then the handlebars hit my knees when I turn a corner. There are 2 screws in the back of the throttle block, I loosened them off but it didn't move the block. Does anybody know how to do this?
Thanks Frank
Sometimes the control block is under the rubber grip and you just have to use a little force. As long as you loosen the two screws you will be good to go.

Back