• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hang on!

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Well...after suffering disappointments all last year, I believe this year is going to start off fast & furious. Well...
Sleds been completely gone over & maintained. 192 studs, Four helixs & more upgrades on the way. Including draggy!
Ive learned so much in the off season either here & talking with others, I'm super confident & stoked. Got a chance to talk (2hrs) with Steve (ClutchMaster) for any that care, he's doing great!
I honestly believe that I should have left my sled untuned but tweaked, to achieve the desired results. It is what it is. All my updates will end up here. Thanks, you guys!!!

IMG_20230127_074509532_copy_2048x1536.jpg

I'm curious....what are/were the desired results?

I'm curious....what are/were the desired results?
Ability to trail ride with minimal compromise. I'm desperate to explode from the line, Zero to 100mph as fast as possible, on med to hard snow pack conditions.Top speed, 125mph?!?!
Goals will become more clear when I start to dragy.

Traction devices will be added as needed.

Last edited:
ran max spool 17 with thunder products clutching and she was a runner. 1100t snow drag sleds on the 2 step and 60’ mark I was passing them already.
As it should be. Lol. Getting out first is everything. Hey, a chase is a race. Lol. 2 step?!?! Older version of launch control?
I like it, just didn't want to bring unnecessary attention to myself. But I will, if need be.
I really think my goals can be achieved on Eco trail. Hopeful, anyway.
However I do have six tunes with up to 280.

This shouldn’t be hard to achieve. Exploding from the line with the 137 skid will require some traction products for sure. 125mph on the speedo with stock gearing is pretty tapped out. 22T top gear will get you more if you desire it.
Ability to trail ride with minimal compromise. I'm desperate to explode from the line, Zero to 100mph as fast as possible, on med to hard snow pack conditions.Top speed, 125mph?!?!
Goals will become more clear when I start to dragy.

Traction devices will be added as needed.

This shouldn’t be hard to achieve. Exploding from the line with the 137 skid will require some traction products for sure. 125mph on the speedo with stock gearing is pretty tapped out. 22T top gear will get you more if you desire it.
Yes, I understand.... I'm currently looking at those screw in aluminum chisels. It appears they are short of the top of the stud by 1/8 inch. Wear would be somewhat minimized. Idk. $12ea. Ugh...
Going to undergear it just a little bit more than that. And that will also help with the traction.
Then clutch accordingly.
Just playing catch-up as I was down in Florida for five years.

What track are you running? I went 1.5 ripsaw for the best TRAIL type traction.
I don't ice race....

What track are you running? I went 1.5 ripsaw for the best TRAIL type traction.
I don't ice race....
Stock 1.25" rip II. But it's worn down to 1.125" That's my speed track. Lol.
I would like nothing more than to do a 1.5" track. I think it would be the best track for most scenarios. The only problem I have is I don't understand the relationship with 1.5 inch tracks, studs, pull thru's, durability, etc. Long story short, I beat a guy on an xtx w/ 1.75" out of the hole quite a few times. I was taken back by it?!?!
While I do like to sit on the lakes and Hammer down, I hardly ever see glare ice. Mostly packed base with loose on top.

So, I'll start this year with 192 studs, as mentioned. TD 3" SQ and a taller gear.
I'm hopeful the gear will take a little bit off the bottom & increase top speed.
Also...4 Dalton helixes & 3 primary springs to test.
Locked & loaded....

IMG_20231023_104934642_copy_1536x2048.jpg
IMG_20231023_104223006_copy_2048x1536.jpg

Speed secret #1. Lite is right! Taking 20lbs off my racing weight today. Takes longer then you think!
Oh, yes the battery is only 10lbs of loss. going on a diet for the other 10lbs. Lol.
I need my fighting weight to be 180lbs.
IMG_20231102_090412408_BURST000_COVER_TOP_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Back