• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hard starting 07 Attack GT

attack man

I just bought this machine and I'm having a hard time starting it. Only on the forth try does it run. I thought the fuel injection machines are suppose to start right away. This problem only happens when the machine is cold.

Turn the key on. Listen to the fuel pump prime the engine. When the fuel pump quits then turn it over.

What happens if you cycle the key on and off 4 times? Then try to start it.
Maybe there's a problem with the fuel pump letting the fuel drain back into the tank.
Just a thought.

if this sled has been flooded at all, change out the spark plugs as they are never as good anymoe on these 4 strokes ive been told. just a tought.

HOLD THE KEY TO START

We found out the hard way (fouled plugs) When you're starting it cold
hold the key to the start position at least 3 to 5 seconds after it first starts.
Works everytime, never fouls plugs or does not start the first try.

Is it hard to start all the time or just when its cold?
Maybe there's an issue with the coolant temp sensor? Computer thinks the motor is warmer than it really is???

If you have a multimeter check the resistance of the coolant sensor when it is cold, then check it when it is warmed up. I don't know the exact values, but you definitely should see a change. I know in the service manual it has the actual resistance values to see if it working.
I have a manual but I'm working in Germany right now and won't be home until next week. I'm sure someone here has a manual that can get you the specifications.

attack man said:
It only does this when the motor is cold. Once warmed up, it's perfectly fine.

How many miles on the sled?

3-5 seconds is a long time, I would say 1-2 seconds maybe. regardless it shouldn't be that hard to start.

Back