• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hartmann inc Works shocks

MEAT270

Veteran
Hi guys I am wondering if anyone has tried these shocks? I am looking at their coil over shocks for a replacement for the rear skid shock on the Apex. Hopefully ditch the torsion springs and the worn out shock. Any thoughts?

I have used Works shocks in the past and they where very good shocks. They are a emulsion shock which means the oil and gas are mixed vs the fox that has oil and gas are seperate. They have always had dual rate springs and been in business a long time with a good track record. The trick would be the spring rate/valving to switch a rear skid with torison springs to a coil over set up. It would be great if Hartmann offers a converision or will support your trial and error to fiquire the best match. Thumbs up for Works Performance.

Thanks for the input. I will talk to Tom tomorrow and see what he says. I have to stop the bottoming on this thing. I broke a torsion spring the last time out.

I talked to Tom today. Very knowledgable and friendly guy. He has a nitrogen shock for the rear that would solve alot of my problems. Also sounds like the clutching could benefit from an upgrade. Anyhow big thumbs up for Tom.

My dad put the Works shock on the rear in his 05 Viper Mtn...has an 08 Nytro 153 skid in it...he really seems to like it. The stock Yamaha shocks only seem to last us around 3000 miles if that

I got the shock today and plan to install it tomorrow. I thought it would be stiffer, I can put one end on the floor and compress it without much difficulty. Hope it will be an improvement and cure my bottoming problems.

Havent got out yet. I noticed im missing the cover off the bottom of the belly pan that you remove for an oil change. Probably shouldnt ride it till I get a new one.

Got out yesterday and the new shock is great. Stopped bottoming and had a good ride. So nice having a suspension.

Back