• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anybody installed more foam in their seat?

barnstormer

Extreme
Has anyone played with the idea of putting more foam in the seat and have it custom upolstered? I have the ride good for deep bumps but the little stutters keep me from sitting the seat is just too hard. Thought's? and if I do it I may be in the market for a new "used" seat won't care the condition of the top.

:drink:

I dont know if I would want it any higher...but i dont see why it cant be re foamed. any good upholstry shop could do it.
Where about in ny are you... i am located in New hartford. always looking for a ride. though it seems to be raining right now.... I can see grass in the yard.
:o|

Re: Seat

barnstormer said:
Has anyone played with the idea of putting more foam in the seat and have it custom upolstered? I have the ride good for deep bumps but the little stutters keep me from sitting the seat is just too hard. Thought's? and if I do it I may be in the market for a new "used" seat won't care the condition of the top.

:drink:

I said to my wife last night that the next mod I make to her Phazer after we get the rear shocks back from re-valving is to take the seat to a upholstering shop for additional foam.

We are making this into a sit down sled for her.

Only thing I'm doing is trying to find a gripper top seat cover like my bikes. Then again compared to my bikes I'm used to the Phazer seat feels huge. I know Skinz makes a gripper top seat cover, but they just want way too much money for it. They want $225 just for the cover, my bike seat cover was about $75. I figure that it should be more expensive as there is more material, but not that much of a difference.

A lot of bike guys remove a section of foam and replace it with memory foam or gel. I would like to see the phazer seat about 2" lower and not quite as long. I mean really, The multipurpose gets a 1up and the Phazer gets a big old banana? WTF is up with that?

Ruckus said:
A lot of bike guys remove a section of foam and replace it with memory foam or gel. I would like to see the phazer seat about 2" lower and not quite as long. I mean really, The multipurpose gets a 1up and the Phazer gets a big old banana? WTF is up with that?

I just want to see the seat strait!

Back